Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hot Top 5 Market Moves of the Week - 10/14-18/2013 !!!

Hi guys,

Check the new Bogdan's Top Five Мarket Мoves of the Week and find the most important events which will move the markets this week!

Originaly posted by Bogdan G.

Reserve Bank of Australia Monetary Policy Meeting Minutes

10/15/2013 – Tuesday at 12:30 am GMT

United Kingdom Consumer Price Index
    10/15/2013 – Tuesday at 08:30 am GMT

German ZEW Economic Sentiment
    10/15/2013 – Tuesday at 09:00 am GMT

United Kingdom Retail Sales

10/17/2013 – Thursday at 08:30 am GMT

Chinese Gross Domestic Product
    10/18/2013 – Friday at 02:00 am GMT

Bogdan, you forgot the ridiculous U.S. political situation, which is not a long term mover of the market but has been the biggest market mover this week by far...UP on monday, down and then up and then down and then up on Tuesday and then waayyy down in the futures trading last night but up in futures trading today....

Of course I didnt forget, but I am sure everyone knows by now about the US debt crisis.
    We have many threads (too many if you ask me) about "that guy said that and this asset went up" or "today this happened and price traveled 50 points"... all stating the obvious.
    So to me, that situation is already known and taken into consideration by traders, that's why I didnt mention it.

It's allgood. I've been ranting about the lack of progress and the crazy behavior of the market. You did mention important fundamantal elements of the economy.

There are a lot of threads that could be tied together somehow...

The markets are really crazy lately. To be honest, I would use some juicy-er words to describe the market these days, but it's public forum so I will refrain from that

Hi guys,

What happened with Non Farm Payroll number this month? I didn’t see its announcement neither last Friday nor the Friday before that. Is there something extraordinary happen or it is because of the US debt problems this delay or I missed something else

I think it's because of the shut down.

From a pure sentiment perspective I dont rly see how the USD negativity can get anymore bad than it has been the past two weeks with the shutdown and the Yellen nomination. On the other side EUR and GPB sentiment has been very good based on inflows into European equities and good Eurozone and UK sentiment indicators.

From this point on its back to data dependent tapering. Going into a two week space now where there is likely to be a massive backlog of data released, headlined by two NFPs from periods of time where claims have been very low.

End the gov't shutdown, raise the debt ceiling, one or two 200k+ NFPs, return to taper talk puts more pressure on Draghi to increase LTRO/rate cut rhetoric...

EUR seems fundamentally more likely to fall...

Not sure about the Euro. It is in a very tight range now, but the news around US debt were positive and that may affect USD strength soon. I think firstly we will see rally on the stock markets and than we could see some moves on the currency pairs and other assets.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogdan G View Post
    The markets are really crazy lately. To be honest, I would use some juicy-er words to describe the market these days, but it's public forum so I will refrain from that
    you ain't lying about that. I am fed up with politicians and bs. the markets have been whacky, nutty, crazy, insane, and incredibly susceptible to whichever way the breezes blow. but the markets are still trending up, for now though there are some major divergences forming.