Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 69
  1. #1
    Specialist Member pinoyoptions's Avatar

    what is your ideal initial capital for Serious BO trading? !!!

    Let's assume we already know the basic and intermediate fundamental and technical analysis in BO trading. We already experience fear and happy moments in trading BO for a period of 6 months. We tested our chosen strategy in demo account, we also tested it in paper trade. We also tested it in live trade. We have the confident to win in long term.

    Tell me your initial capital and why?


    P.s my personal question and for the rest of newbie trader.

  2. #2
    M.J
    M.J is offline
    Veteran Member M.J's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pinoyoptions View Post
    Let's assume we already know the basic and intermediate fundamental and technical analysis in BO trading. We already experience fear and happy moments in trading BO for a period of 6 months. We tested our chosen strategy in demo account, we also tested it in paper trade. We also tested it in live trade. We have the confident to win in long term.

    Tell me your initial capital and why?


    P.s my personal question and for the rest of newbie trader.
    "Initial Capital" should always be equal to the amount which you can afford to loose. You must be prepared to loose money that goes from your pocket in BO/forex.
    Next question is "if you r making profit on ur initial capital, how much should you re-invest?"
    Any percentage of profit can be re-invested and totally depends on you. You may want to go with standard rule of 50/50 or may want to re-invest 100% of the profit or may want to withdraw ur capital and then re-invest.

  3. #3
    Specialist Member pinoyoptions's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by M.J View Post
    "Initial Capital" should always be equal to the amount which you can afford to loose. You must be prepared to loose money that goes from your pocket in BO/forex.
    Next question is "if you r making profit on ur initial capital, how much should you re-invest?"
    Any percentage of profit can be re-invested and totally depends on you. You may want to go with standard rule of 50/50 or may want to re-invest 100% of the profit or may want to withdraw ur capital and then re-invest.
    This is one of my favorite trading plan.... invest-profit-run then repeat it again... but seriously how much?

  4. #4
    Master Member SeasaltMcFish's Avatar
    I'm only using money I won in poker, mostly freerolls and games I played with the money I won in freerolls.

    This way, I'm only risking 'free' money. Of course this is tricking yourself, but I don't care about that, since it puts me in a comfort zone. I see my trades as part of a big tourney.

    Normally I will 'cash out' 10% of every profit I make. Of course not literally, but I put it aside for withdrawal until it's enough.

  5. #5
    Master Member Bogdan G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pinoyoptions View Post
    We tested our chosen strategy in demo account, we also tested it in paper trade. We also tested it in live trade. We have the confident to win in long term.
    From the quote above I understand that we already have a winning strategy, tested in all market conditions. This makes the initial question pointless because the initial capital has absolutely no influence over our success or failure. In fact, we cant even talk about failure because we know that our strategy is going to win.
    Answer: 1 buck (if a broker would allow me to open an account with that amount) or 1 million... it makes no difference

  6. #6
    Master Member Bogdan G's Avatar
    Forgot to mention: if i'd invest 1 buck i would compound my winnings (re-invest everything i make)

  7. #7
    Specialist Member pinoyoptions's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SeasaltMcFish View Post
    I'm only using money I won in poker, mostly freerolls and games I played with the money I won in freerolls.

    This way, I'm only risking 'free' money. Of course this is tricking yourself, but I don't care about that, since it puts me in a comfort zone. I see my trades as part of a big tourney.

    Normally I will 'cash out' 10% of every profit I make. Of course not literally, but I put it aside for withdrawal until it's enough.
    Good idea, so it's like a tournament not a business.

  8. #8
    Specialist Member pinoyoptions's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogdan G View Post
    From the quote above I understand that we already have a winning strategy, tested in all market conditions. This makes the initial question pointless because the initial capital has absolutely no influence over our success or failure. In fact, we cant even talk about failure because we know that our strategy is going to win.
    Answer: 1 buck (if a broker would allow me to open an account with that amount) or 1 million... it makes no difference
    Yea your right man, I understand your point of view.

  9. #9
    Specialist Member pinoyoptions's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogdan G View Post
    Forgot to mention: if i'd invest 1 buck i would compound my winnings (re-invest everything i make)
    Lol, 1 buck hahaha if the broker allow us to trade 1 dollar.. again seriously how much?

  10. #10
    Administrator Martin Kay's Avatar
    Hi guys, I've written a couple of article about "my first binary options deposit". Check them out, I think it might give you a nice point of view regarding how much should be your first deposit. Adding in mind that your're not what I like to call a "total newbie", I think the 3rd article (written by Bogdan, Cheers!) will give you a good answer. $350- $500 in my opinion will be the right amount for someone who already tested his strategy. This will give you enough space for mistakes, and there will be mistakes. Mistakes are an important part of our lives, learning is understanding that mistakes are important.

    check it out:
    My first Binary Options Deposit – Real Trading Experiences Part 1 – The Sucker

    My first Binary Options Deposit – Real Trading Experiences Part 2 – The Nice Guy

    My first Binary Options Deposit – Real Trading Experiences Part 3 – The Shark

    Enjoy!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
3