Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The Geek's Simple Stochastic Trend Following Binary Options Strategy!! !!!

Hi Guys, I'm pleased to introduce ya'll a new BinaryOptionsThatSuck.com Home Made strategy, this time - Michael aka The Geek Hodges's Simple Stochastic Trend Following! Time frames set to long term, perfect for slower traders

Orginially posted by Michael Hodges. Find the full review here - Stochastic Trend Following Binary Options Strategy

This strategy doesn’t suck for a couple of reasons. First it utilizes multiple time frames. Multiple time frame analysis is one that I and others here at BOTS think very highly of. It also utilizes trend analysis and follows the old adage of “trade with the trend the trend is your friend”. It also doesn’t suck because it is a simple and reliable way to trade. It is also a great foundation for deeper analysis as you gain knowledge and experience. Stochastic works well with all kinds of other technical analysis techniques and can also give other types of signals besides trend following.

Thanks Michael for sharing this interesting strategy! I am also using stochastic in my trading and it is a trustworthy indicator. I am also a big fan of multi-time frame analyzes because they show the overall direction of the bigger trends and dramatically increase the odds for short term trades in the direction of the bigger trend.

Quote Originally Posted by nick_ross View Post
    Thanks Michael for sharing this interesting strategy! I am also using stochastic in my trading and it is a trustworthy indicator. I am also a big fan of multi-time frame analyzes because they show the overall direction of the bigger trends and dramatically increase the odds for short term trades in the direction of the bigger trend.
    It's like dominos, get the time frames set up in a row with converging signals and then knock down the profits!

How many of you out there are using stochastic? It is a fine fine indicator, the last two signals on the spx resulted in HUNDREDS of points of movement. Just saying.

Stochastics is a good indicator to use. I use it with other indicators

I find it incredibly useful as a coincident indicator, buy you have to have a grasp on trading conditions and fundamentals...then you can observe market action, and then apply stochastic action to a future projection. Basically swing trading, as in when the market is in an uptrend, and there is a correction bringing stochastic down to extreme relative levels, I buy a call and catch the trend following upswing. It works great, this last one was worth over 100 points for me.

Hot !!!

Here is a nice chart of the S&P 500, the index is making a text book trend following bounce along a rising trend line, has produced one entry signal on the stochastic and is set up for another. Swing traders may view this set up as an entry, as do I. More cautious traders may wait for the secondary and confirming signal in stochastic.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spx trend followig stoch 1-2-2015.jpg 
Views:	347 
Size:	20.9 KB 
ID:	2635

I can see entry points 2045-2050 area.

Here's another chart, this time of the GLD gold tracking ETF. The GLD is bottoming on economic policy and interest rate outlook and has fires off two signals recently. The ETF is moving up to test resistance at the top of the bottoming pattern and could break out soon if gold prices continue to strengthen. However, do not be surprised if prices pull back a bit once resistance is met, around $119 on this chart.

Name:	copy 1 of gld_stoch_signal.jpg 
Views:	331 
Size:	21.7 KB 
ID:	2664

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hodges View Post
    Here's another chart, this time of the GLD gold tracking ETF. The GLD is bottoming on economic policy and interest rate outlook and has fires off two signals recently. The ETF is moving up to test resistance at the top of the bottoming pattern and could break out soon if gold prices continue to strengthen. However, do not be surprised if prices pull back a bit once resistance is met, around $119 on this chart.

Name:	copy 1 of gld_stoch_signal.jpg 
Views:	331 
Size:	21.7 KB 
ID:	2664
    sorry about the chart size, Im not sure why they are coming out so small.