Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How can I change EMS to fast EMA etc. !!!

Hi folks,

I am looking for a way to put EMA's on my screen with altered setup. My goal is to bring the setup of the MACD into the chart itself, by using EMA's. Now I don't see any option to create an EMA with the FastEMA, SlowEMA and SignalEMA. Does anyone know if that's possible?

Quote Originally Posted by SeasaltMcFish View Post
    Hi folks,

I am looking for a way to put EMA's on my screen with altered setup. My goal is to bring the setup of the MACD into the chart itself, by using EMA's. Now I don't see any option to create an EMA with the FastEMA, SlowEMA and SignalEMA. Does anyone know if that's possible?
    It depends on what platform you are using. Some can be programmed, I think MT4 will let you, I use options express charts, they are free. A lot of chart packages will allow you to display MACD and other oscillators on top of the charts as well as below them... loook into that before you get too involved with trying to program something new.

Thanks Michael

Already found out how to display the MACD on my charts itself (MT4), so I can use that option.

Why do you want it on the chart and not below it? To have more room?

I find it easier to combine with candlesticks and the EMA's are more clear to see.
    A.t.m. I'm experimenting with an altered MACD on the 1m charts, to get signals for trades of 2-5 minutes.

First results look promising with about 10% ROI (tested March and parts of May and August and all look good. (didn't have the data of the other months exc. April that I still have to test), so I'm definitely going to dig deeper into this.

10% ROI per month? Yea, that's pretty good. But I always find 1 min charts too difficult to analyze.
    In which way is teh MACD altered? Different settings than the default 12, 26, 9 or a modified calculation?

About 10% per trade over the tested months.

I am experimenting with the settings by using settings from higher time frames by multiplying. Still trying to figure out the best settings.
    In my current setup I use MACD on the close, but now I'm altering it to the open, so a cross on my EMA's doesn't change anymore when it's written.

Still have to check the results with that setting, but it's a lot of work.

I like the 1m time frame for finding setups for higher time frames. I stumbled on this result on the 2m trades by accident, trying to find a solution for longer exp. times.

After testing with the 'open' data, I want to look for other confirming signals to get a cleaner system.

About 10% per trade over the tested months.

I am experimenting with the settings by using settings from higher time frames by multiplying. Still trying to figure out the best settings.
    In my current setup I use MACD on the close, but now I'm altering it to the open, so a cross on my EMA's doesn't change anymore when it's written.

Still have to check the results with that setting, but it's a lot of work.

I like the 1m time frame for finding setups for higher time frames. I stumbled on this result on the 2m trades by accident, trying to find a solution for longer exp. times.

After testing with the 'open' data, I want to look for other confirming signals to get a cleaner system.
    Whoa, 10% ROI per trade? Please help me understand this. Is this percentage calculated to the whole account? Or to the amount invested on that particular trade? If the second case is true, I am lost again, because BOs offer 65% - 75% per trade. If the first case is true...well, that is simply amazing.
    I use indicators in a very similar way to yours, but I must admit I didnt do it with the MACD. It would be great if you would keep posting your results and maybe settings.
    Take care.

Hi Bogdan

It's an estimation of the ROI, based on the account growth in the tested period (when live traded).

I use a €10 basic trade amount and calculate my 'winnings' after the testing period.

On avg, I (demo) traded about 200 trades each month and came to an avg. profit between 200-300 each month.

As said: I didn't calculate the exact ROI, it's an estimation. Tomorrow I start testing the 'open' MACD. It may take until after this weekend and then I'll post the results (good or bad )

b.t.w. I took 76% profit as guide line, since my broker offers this on 2m trades. However: I'm doubting if they will ever pay me after clearing my bonus, so I first look at it as 'playmoney'.

Hi Bogdan

It's an estimation of the ROI, based on the account growth in the tested period (when live traded).

I use a €10 basic trade amount and calculate my 'winnings' after the testing period.

On avg, I (demo) traded about 200 trades each month and came to an avg. profit between 200-300 each month.

As said: I didn't calculate the exact ROI, it's an estimation. Tomorrow I start testing the 'open' MACD. It may take until after this weekend and then I'll post the results (good or bad )

b.t.w. I took 76% profit as guide line, since my broker offers this on 2m trades. However: I'm doubting if they will ever pay me after clearing my bonus, so I first look at it as 'playmoney'.
    Ah. ok I get it now with the 10%. That's still very good.Would love to hear more about the open MACD testing. Keep us posted.
    All the best