Page 1 of 59 1231151 ... LastLast

SeasaltMcFish Goes Binary !!!

Hey folks,

Since I read a lot of good stuff in the school, I thought about opening a blog about my BO adventures.
    Coming from a Poker/Forex background, I started trading binary options a few years ago, but trouble with brokers made me feel unsure about going on with this trading, although my systems seemed to work.

I'm not someone who's going to update his blog every day, so be patient if it sometimes take a while

In this blog, I hope to write about my experiences with brokers and trading and a possible progress in my trading adventures.

To be continued....

Continuation Jan. 2015 ....:

For those who are interested, here are two articles about mindgames in trading...:

http://www.binaryoptionsthatsuck.com...losses-is-bad/

http://www.binaryoptionsthatsuck.com...biggest-enemy/
    Last edited by SeasaltMcFish; 01-22-2015 at 05:04 PM.

2. Thanks Martin Kay, noodle thanked this post
    I wonder, how many trades would you need to call your 'system' good enough to start trading live?

I'm trading on 2 minutes, each quarter and half hour on exp. time.

Anyone? :P

Quote Originally Posted by SeasaltMcFish View Post
    Anyone? :P
    as a rule of thumb you need to be at least 55% correct in your analysis in order to remain at BREAK EVEN. In order to be profitable you need to be more than 55% right on a regular basis. What is your win/loss ratio at this time?

Atm I'm at between 58-60% on about 800 trades, but I would like to know how many trades are needed for a big enough sample size.

I changed the MACD settings to 'OPEN', but it is devastating to my test results. I tested about 2 weeks now and the profit is much lower.

When testing with a normal indicator on the CLOSE, it's hard not to predict its next move and easy to make mistakes because you already see the move coming. That's why I use the OPEN. It's a definite signal that will not change anymore, so easier to trade and easier to test.

The lower results are disappointing, but it's better to find out before trading live...

Hmmm....

I'm afraid the system failed when using the 'open' for the MACD. This means I've been guessing the next candle when using the normal MACD and this is not a proper way of finding a setup.

Back to the drawing board

Well, from my experience all good systems use the close of the candle as a trigger because most indis repaint during the current candle. Anyway, if u are using teh open of candle number 2, doesnt that actually mean that you are using the close of candle one?

The reason I use the open, is to avoid wishful thinking, by entering a trade while the candlestick is still forming.
    This way the indicator doesn't change anymore, so its writing is fixed. It's a trick to have a clear entry point.

The tests I did on the CLOSE were positive, but since the test on the OPEN were not, I realize that I have been looking at the crossing of the MACD in a wrong way. In backtesting, the cross already formed, but in real trading, you don't know that yet.

B.t.w.: back to the drawing board doesn't mean giving up, but reconsidering the entry strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Bogdan G View Post
    Well, from my experience all good systems use the close of the candle as a trigger because most indis repaint during the current candle. Anyway, if u are using teh open of candle number 2, doesnt that actually mean that you are using the close of candle one?
    Yes you are very right, Bogdan and that is retard and more lagging.