Poll: Poll:Will Steve Ballmer's Exit from MSFT Have Any Long Term Effect on its stock price

Poll:Will Steve Ballmer's Exit from MSFT Have Any Long Term Effect on its stock price !!!

I think it'll go further up.

I think it will stay mostly unchanged. The effect won’t be the same as the Steve Jobs dead, because it is not as dramatic and the figure of the Steve Ballmer is not that emblematic for Microsoft like Jobs was for Apple. I don’t think it will go any higher for now, because we close to market top in my view.

Quote Originally Posted by Ammeo View Post
    I think it'll go further up.
    I agree. MSFT shareholders and investors have been fairly critical of Ballmer's performance as CEO ever since he took over from Gates in January 2000. This is an unfair assessment in my opinion because Ballmer had been quite instrumental in MSFT's growth even prior to this. Moreover, his becoming the CEO coincided with the immediate aftermath of the dot-com bust and also the emergence of Google and Apple.

Still, it must be said that Ballmer has always been the sales and marketing guy. He cannot shed this image as his technological acumen has been shamed after that 2007 TV interview where he famously stated that the iPhone was the most expensive phone in the world and it doesn't appeal to business customers. Five years on, Microsoft's overall revenue had been surpassed by sales of the iPhone alone.

Quote Originally Posted by vinayakm View Post
    I agree. MSFT shareholders and investors have been fairly critical of Ballmer's performance as CEO ever since he took over from Gates in January 2000. This is an unfair assessment in my opinion because Ballmer had been quite instrumental in MSFT's growth even prior to this. Moreover, his becoming the CEO coincided with the immediate aftermath of the dot-com bust and also the emergence of Google and Apple.

Still, it must be said that Ballmer has always been the sales and marketing guy. He cannot shed this image as his technological acumen has been shamed after that 2007 TV interview where he famously stated that the iPhone was the most expensive phone in the world and it doesn't appeal to business customers. Five years on, Microsoft's overall revenue had been surpassed by sales of the iPhone alone.
    Yup i agree, the Stock price has overall been at -40% during Ballmer's approximately 13 years tenure which isnt good at all. He was just kind of CEO that can run the company but not innovate like Steve jobs used to do.

It's out of place