M.J

Icahn's multibillion dollar tweet. !!!

Did any of you followed the market during past few hours. If you were on then this news is not the one to be missed. It literally caused explosion.

I do not usually follow stocks but the surge I saw in Apple after Icahn's tweets was amazing. A stock worth $445bn is moved up $17bn by just a single tweet... It is simply "OMG". Even though later it retraced and closed at 489.55 which still means $12.5bn market cap.

I had no idea that was coming but it sure did help my Apple trade! I guess great minds do think alike!

What was exactly the tweet subject and was it really posted by Karl Icahn? I didn’t understand is that a joke or something real

M.J
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hodges View Post
    I had no idea that was coming but it sure did help my Apple trade! I guess great minds do think alike!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan21 View Post
    ..... something real
    Yes. Did u notice AAPL yesterday?

You have to keep up with the news if you're going to trade binary. That tweet was sweet like apple pie, all of my apple positions are so in the money!

This was a trade that I missed. I did see the Bloomberg update on my iPhone that Carl Icahn had tweeted about a "large position" on Apple. But I actually didn't think much of it and didn't act on it nor put it up on the Bloomberg updates thread here.

Man.. This was a real chance to make some big money. Just goes to show the power of a tweet. I am now looking at investors to follow and I see Mark Cuban (@mcuban), Mark Lehman (@markflowchatter) and Joe Kunkle (@OptionsHawk) as some good Twitter users to follow. But still it would be useless without some kind of "Twitter Alert".

What I am saying is that Twitter needs to capitalize on these breaking financial news stories that are coming in the form of stock tweets, etc from influential investors. It has to have an alert that we could either sign up or subscribe to. Kind of like the Bloomberg update.

This is real potential given that Twitter is often faster than the financial media.