Hot Top 5 Market Moves of the Week - 07/08-12/2013 !!!

Hi guys,

Check the new Bogdan's Top Five Мarket Мoves of the Week and find the most important events which will move the markets this week!

Originaly posted by Bogdan G.

Speech of ECB President Mario Draghi
    07/08/2013 – Monday at 12:30 (and at 1:30) pm GMT

UK NIESR Gross Domestic Product Estimate
    07/09/2013 – Tuesday at 2:00 pm GMT

German Consumer Price Index
    07/10/2013 – Wednesday at 06:00 am GMT

FOMC Meeting Minutes

07/10/2013 – Wednesday at 6:00 pm GMT

Bank of Japan Interest Rate Decision and Press Conference
    07/11/2013 – Thursday

M.J
    I was also expecting Draghi's speech to have high impact but it did almost nothing.
    Today Uk's industrial, manufacturing and trade data has already moved market significantly. NIESR gdp estimate will be released in another 45 minutes.

"Jobless claims data" was unable to make place in Bogdan's top five moves of the week. "He" is sad. Better luck next time

Lol Are you talking about teh US Unemployment Claims released every Thursday? That's only important like 10% of the time, if a major difference is posted or if no other important indicators are released and the market is eager to get some action. Other than that...nothing.

My opinion of the most important market moves are FOMC Statement and Bank of Japan interest rate decision.Maybe it is included German Consumer Price Index.We will see how the three different market(US,European and Asian) will react.Poor economic data were published during the day in the UK resulted in the British currency fell again and get closer to the lowest level in the last three years against the dollar.Factory production in the UK in the fall is the second consecutive month in May which confirmed the concern about further economic recovery.The trade deficit in May was in line with expectation and grew with the April from 8.47 to 8.49 billions of billions of pounds.My dearest binary options traders this is excellent opportunity for me to test my new strategy in binary options trading during the big forex pair turbulence.I will share my experience with all of you on forum.Good luck to all..

Quote Originally Posted by Bogdan G View Post
    Lol Are you talking about teh US Unemployment Claims released every Thursday? That's only important like 10% of the time, if a major difference is posted or if no other important indicators are released and the market is eager to get some action. Other than that...nothing.
    Hey, don't dog the unemployment claims numbers, I follow those pretty closely. there are some trends evident in these numbers that are really promising, especially when taken in the light of the recent NFP numbers, the total U.S. unemployment rate and the participation rate. In all, long term joblessness is in decline, near term joblessness is holding steady but edging down. Jobs creation is on the rise and people are coming back into the work force that had previously stopped looking. To me it looks like the labor market is picking up. People with jobs are keeping them, people who have been on unemployment are finding work and all of this is attracting people who have given up the hope of work to come back into the market. At the same time total unemployment is coming down which means that jobs retention and jobs creation is out pacing job losses. Also, the auto market is kicking ass. Ford, GM and Chrysler have all suspended or curtailed the summer "vacation" period so they can build more cars. That means more work, more money and less joblessness in the summer. That will also be on top of the improving housing market that seems to keep going up.

The thing is that no one thing is a silver bullet. However, I think there is a real chance that all of them are going to start hitting in tandem. If and when this happens there is going to be a real jump in GDP which will ripple around the corporate world.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hodges View Post
    Hey, don't dog the unemployment claims numbers, I follow those pretty closely. there are some trends evident in these numbers that are really promising, especially when taken in the light of the recent NFP numbers, the total U.S. unemployment rate and the participation rate. In all, long term joblessness is in decline, near term joblessness is holding steady but edging down. Jobs creation is on the rise and people are coming back into the work force that had previously stopped looking. To me it looks like the labor market is picking up. People with jobs are keeping them, people who have been on unemployment are finding work and all of this is attracting people who have given up the hope of work to come back into the market. At the same time total unemployment is coming down which means that jobs retention and jobs creation is out pacing job losses. Also, the auto market is kicking ass. Ford, GM and Chrysler have all suspended or curtailed the summer "vacation" period so they can build more cars. That means more work, more money and less joblessness in the summer. That will also be on top of the improving housing market that seems to keep going up.

The thing is that no one thing is a silver bullet. However, I think there is a real chance that all of them are going to start hitting in tandem. If and when this happens there is going to be a real jump in GDP which will ripple around the corporate world.
    I almost forgot to say that I expect to see a surprisingly large drop in initial, continuing and total claims in the near future. This will be a market moving signal. Until then the status quo is good enough to keep the bulls happy.

From Bloomberg.com:

"U.S. stocks erased losses as minutes from the Federal Reserve’s last meeting showed many officials want to see further progress in the employment market before the central bank slows the pace of bond purchases."

I think Jobless Claims just received a boost in importance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogdan G View Post
    From Bloomberg.com:

"U.S. stocks erased losses as minutes from the Federal Reserve’s last meeting showed many officials want to see further progress in the employment market before the central bank slows the pace of bond purchases."

I think Jobless Claims just received a boost in importance.
    Yeah, and then today they did not come in as what I would call "good". Not really bad but not good. The 4 week moving average of initial claims is back above 350K, The next few weeks of data will be important to watch, and then of course the next NFP/ADP/Unemployment Rate data bundle.