Poll: Your Favourite Chart Overlay

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1
    Veteran Member Ammeo's Avatar

    Your Favourite Chart Overlay !!!

    SMA beats all for me..

  2. #2
    Legendry Member willyw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ammeo View Post
    SMA beats all for me..
    I m using EMA with SAR and bollinger bands. Have been using for a very time.
    Last edited by willyw; 07-30-2013 at 06:08 AM.

  3. #3
    Solid Member
    Obviously Bollinger Brands is my most favorite Chart overlay. But I like to use Parabolic SAR, EMA, SMA and ZicZac indicators at the same time to get the proper signal.

  4. #4
    Legendry Member willyw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crimson69 View Post
    Obviously Bollinger Brands is my most favorite Chart overlay. But I like to use Parabolic SAR, EMA, SMA and ZicZac indicators at the same time to get the proper signal.
    Good indicators. I use them too

  5. #5
    Active Member COGSx86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by willyw View Post
    I m using EMA with SAR and bollinger bands. Have been using for a very time.
    Im fairly new to this idea of using the SAR indicator, Im curious how is that you go about using it along with the Bollinger Bands and EMA.

    Have you optimized the SAR indicator or do you use the standard settings ?

    What do you use to indicate a bullish sentiment or bearish sentiment ?

    Just curious

  6. #6
    Legendry Member willyw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by COGSx86 View Post
    Im fairly new to this idea of using the SAR indicator, Im curious how is that you go about using it along with the Bollinger Bands and EMA.

    Have you optimized the SAR indicator or do you use the standard settings ?

    What do you use to indicate a bullish sentiment or bearish sentiment ?

    Just curious
    I useSAR and Bollinger Bands for entry. When SAR triggers a signal, I will watch if prices will penetrate the band line. If prrices breaks then the trend is continuing. Both SAR and Bollinger Bands; i use the standard settings.
    I use 20, 50 & 200 periods EMA to determie the trends, bullish & bearish.

  7. #7
    Veteran Member Ammeo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by willyw View Post
    I useSAR and Bollinger Bands for entry. When SAR triggers a signal, I will watch if prices will penetrate the band line. If prrices breaks then the trend is continuing. Both SAR and Bollinger Bands; i use the standard settings.
    I use 20, 50 & 200 periods EMA to determie the trends, bullish & bearish.
    Hmm never used them before, i knew abt Bollinger bangs as how John Bollinger (if that was the name of the creator) made some fortune when he invented Bollinger bands. I recon how successfully will they be applied in todays market dominated by so many other variables..

  8. #8
    Legendry Member willyw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ammeo View Post
    Hmm never used them before, i knew abt Bollinger bangs as how John Bollinger (if that was the name of the creator) made some fortune when he invented Bollinger bands. I recon how successfully will they be applied in todays market dominated by so many other variables..
    In a way bollinger bands are good for scalping too. In sideway or consolidation you can see how prices touches the bands (upper or lower) and rebounds.

  9. #9
    Master Member Bogdan G's Avatar
    My favorite chart setup: Triangular Moving Average, XPMA, a CCI based indicator for trend recognition, Triple Smoothed Stochastic, Stochastic, RSI

  10. #10
    M.J
    M.J is offline
    Veteran Member M.J's Avatar
    There is no option of "Manual drawing". . Whoever made this is definitely against Price Action trading and actually supports technical trading. Should I protest ?
    My favt chart overlay will be trend lines drawn manually.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
3