Rookie Member

Thumbs up Technical Analysis source (Marketsworld + MT4 = huge price difference) !!!

Hiya,

I'd like to turn to you for assistance, Gentelmen. Please keep in mind I'm a total layman in this field.

Simply put, I'm using Marketsworld and MT4 and the price difference is GARGANTUAN. I noticed the same thing when it comes to other brokers. I mean Anyoption/Empire Options + Marketsworld = huge difference as well (please correct me if I'm mistaken).

Keeping the above in mind I found out that there are various data feed sources used by the brokers. So I started using Investing.com/charts but spotted a noticeable difference as well. As a last resort, I turned to Netdania.com and the outcome is much better but not perfect. The last one presents prices comparable to Marketsworld but doesn't offer many tools and flexibility but doesn't allow any custom indicators (because is web based) or multiple charts opened at the same time.

The questions are:
    1) Have you got the same impression?
    2) If yes, how do you deal with it?
    3) What brokers + chart analysis source you're using?

Cheers in advance and let me assure you that you're doing a marvelous job.

yes, you have hit the nail on the head. Most brokers use some form of feed to get their expiry rates. They can vary from broker to broker, the source I mean. some brokers are better than others....the best way to avoid this pitfall is to use a long enough trading time frame to allow the asset to move far enough into the money as to not matter. Let me know how you do.

Rookie Member
    Well i forgot this...

You can set an alarm-line some pips above your trade when you missed things on the news, and your asset is going suddenly the other derection the end of the day. In your end of day option. You can close the option early and than you not have to monitor your screen al the time and have time to look for other good trade opportunities. That I do next week See if it saves my ass
    Last edited by Sven; 06-23-2013 at 05:13 PM.

Rookie Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hodges View Post
    yes, you have hit the nail on the head. Most brokers use some form of feed to get their expiry rates. They can vary from broker to broker, the source I mean. some brokers are better than others....the best way to avoid this pitfall is to use a long enough trading time frame to allow the asset to move far enough into the money as to not matter. Let me know how you do.
    Hm... that basically disqualifies any trades focused on 15min (or less) expiry time, don't you reckon? In that case, what about strategies designed for relatively short expiry time (ie. Simple Balanced Strategy)?

What web page / charting platform and what binary options broker you use in order to avoid this problem, Mike?

Rookie Member
    Sven,

I owe you a beer, Mate ; ) For some reason I didn't notice that option (I mean Chart Station) and I've been always using the one which pops up automatically when you click 'Charts' on the main page.

Additional question if I may:
    1) Do you know which chart reflects Gold/ Silver/ Oil price? When I open available instruments I see something like: Gold, spot, Gold, spot (AUD), Gold spot (JPY) and the same goes for Silver. When it comes to Oil we've got: Brent Crude Fut. 1st. pos., Gas Oil, 1. pos., UK Natural Gas, 1. pos., WTI Crude 1. pos.

Much obliged for your answer.

Rookie Member
    No beer please, I had to much of that already

I think it is WTI crude, an the standard spot, gold versus USD. These pricelevels are the same whit my platform.
    And in my opinion the short trades are indeed an lite risky for the new. But when you go whit longer expiry times. Commodity’s are good to trade?
    The currency's jump and turn often whit the marketsessions?

Can some experienced trader confirm or disconfirm my lies!

But now i am looking in netdania for the correlations in the graphs:

Correlations

GOLD –AUD/USD

AUD/JPY – SP500

OIL – SP500

SP500 – CHF

OIL – CAD

And all the currency pairs

And the stock markets, in Europe overall. And to see what news on the economic calendar or news overall effects what.

Of course they chance over time

Would you normally trade Turkish lira versus? I not. But I saw the movement on the charts, and was remembered of the demonstrations there.

When you want al workspace's open you have to sign in whit more email addresses and, different browsers.

Hope you have something of it.
    Last edited by Sven; 06-23-2013 at 05:27 PM.

Technical analysis is very important for trading. There are two types of analysis those are fundamental analysis and technical analysis. In those analysis technical is more effective than fundamental analysis. So you must give priority to this topic first. By technical analysis you will get 80 percentages profit from trading market.

We have a new thread that matches this discussion -
    http://forums.binaryoptionsthatsuck....Options-Broker!

this one closed.