Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hot Best MACD Entries Strategy –Good starting point! !!!

Hi, guys!

Michael presents another great strategy review. This time it is concerning “The Best Of MACD Entries” strategy, which is a simple and very effective MACD based trading strategy. Share your views here on this strategy! What do you think on it? Is it good or not good for trading binary options?

Originally Posted by Michael Hodges. Find here full The Best Of MACD Entries Review!

What Is “The Best Of MACD Entries”

This would be a hard question for me to answer since there are so many ways to use MACD to generate good signals. For James it was not so tough, he has been able to quantify neatly just what he believes is the best entry signal. James uses the 5 min charts, two moving averages and two MACD’s. For the charts I suggest candles because that’s the best way in my opinion. The two moving averages specified are 50 bar simple moving average and 100 bar simple moving average. The two MACD’s are both standard 12/26/9 but one is histogram and the other is oscillator style. Together these indicators join to create signals with movements that last anywhere from 20 minutes to several hours.

Why This System Does Not Suck

Where to begin…. This system does not suck because it is an outstanding example and application of one of my favorite indicators. I won’t be shy in saying that I put a lot of stock in the ol’ 12/26/9. This strategy not only uses my favorite indicators but also incorporates many of the features of a good strategy we here at BOTS have come to love. This strategy, as laid out, does not incorporate multiple time frame analysis but I think it would only benefit from it. What it does have is a combination of well worn, trusted and often over looked indicators that incorporate trend and momentum to generate handy signals for traders of short duration binary options like dailies, hourlies or shorter.

Rookie Member
    Hi! I like this strategy! I don't have this MACD indicator (with two crossed lines). You may put file with indicator for MT4 for download?

Quote Originally Posted by serg2135 View Post
    Hi! I like this strategy! I don't have this MACD indicator (with two crossed lines). You may put file with indicator for MT4 for download?
    Sorry about that, this webpage should help you out. http://en.tradimo.com/learn/metatrad...p-macd-in-mt4/

Rookie Member
    Thank you!

Banned
    What do you think on it? Is it good or not good for trading binary options?

Quote Originally Posted by rahul.g@pitoption.com View Post
    What do you think on it? Is it good or not good for trading binary options?
    MACD is one of my favorite and standard indicators, I use it every day. not just this strategy but as a total trade indicator good for trend following, support, resistance, and divergences.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hodges View Post
    MACD is one of my favorite and standard indicators, I use it every day. not just this strategy but as a total trade indicator good for trend following, support, resistance, and divergences.
    Yes MACD is a very good trend following tool. I, too use it for my trading.

Rookie Member
    Michael, you writing in review: "When that happens a signal will be generated when the MACD oscillator is in the overbought side and makes a bearish crossover".
    How do you use the oversold and overbought for MACD? After all, there can not be set at levels as Stochastic and RSI.

you look for extremes. look at the MACD peaks over the past 12 months, is the current peak higher or lower than the rest? If it is the highest peak for the past 12 months, or on the weekly charts over the past 3 years or so, it is an extreme peak and points to overbought conditions. If you are looking at the MACD oscillator simply set lines marking where "extreme" levels are, when MACD crosses that line it is in overbought or oversold condition....Capiche?

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Kay View Post
    Hi, guys!

Michael presents another great strategy review. This time it is concerning “The Best Of MACD Entries” strategy, which is a simple and very effective MACD based trading strategy. Share your views here on this strategy! What do you think on it? Is it good or not good for trading binary options?
    Its much like a more used one...almost all MACD traders use the 12/26/9 and the 20,50,100 and 200 MA ...crossover play a nice part depending on the timeframe being used...a very nice strategy for any novice trader.