For the better, for the worst !!!

I wanted to discuss areas that seem to be the best or worst. Could be time slots, setups, assets or even specific experiences.

FOREX trading gives you the ultimate in independence and possible earning capacity. You set your own hours, your own schedule and what part of the day or night you would like to trade. Our signals will give you the direction you need to take on a daily basis and with our market directions you can set your trades with a greater degree of confidence about your trading decisions.
    Last edited by ronerown; 05-25-2013 at 03:50 AM.

The main thing the I worry with is having my stops set right. Otherwise, isn't it true that a couple poorly placed contracts could chew up your account if stops are not set? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by stock4mac View Post
    The main thing the I worry with is having my stops set right. Otherwise, isn't it true that a couple poorly placed contracts could chew up your account if stops are not set? Thanks.
    Hi, stock4mac. I am not sure why are you asking about stop losses when binary options are all or nothing type of contracts. There is no possibility or need to care about SL/TP. They are just simple high/low trades where you care only about the direction of the trade.

True, thank you susan. I though ronerown was talking Forex Trading where you do have SL/TP concerns. Do you use Binary Options? How has your experience been?

A month ago, I could not sleep so I played around with some signals and settings on one of my Binary accounts. To my surprise I won 10 out of 12 contracts. I was just playing around so these were $5 contracts. I know we are talking around $20 profit but the exercise was to learn the signals which I was feeling confident with. A couple days later, nothing worked right and of course these were $50 contracts and I went well over $200 negative. Not sure what happened and I have not been able to get back to that level of success since. I have begun coping my trading log from the broker to a spreadsheet to keep track and to my surprise I actually end up trading up to $500 in a day to end up at a negative $150. On a good day, I think I am at %61 so you can see why the 10 out of 12 session was a moment to remember.

Also frustrating is settings and scenarios that work on my demo do not work on my live accounts. Not saying things are different between the accounts but that I am struggling with getting the right setup for the right times.

I know these P/L numbers are small to most traders but to a newbie as me on a shoestring budget, a $200 lose is a big deal. I suppose the number one goal is to reduce the losers and ultimately reduce the number of trades. I would love to set two or three trades for the day and be done.

Anyway enough for better for worse for now....

It will be better to trade even less options per day. I am trading 3-4 options per week, and if there is no good setups I could even not trade at all. My win ratio is something between 50 and 65% now, there are some fluctuations, but I mean in the long run. One-two day trading or 5-10 trades are not statistically significant to give you idea about what your strategy is doing.

Thank you for the input.

Rookie Member
    Quote Originally Posted by susan View Post
    It will be better to trade even less options per day. I am trading 3-4 options per week, and if there is no good setups I could even not trade at all. My win ratio is something between 50 and 65% now, there are some fluctuations, but I mean in the long run. One-two day trading or 5-10 trades are not statistically significant to give you idea about what your strategy is doing.
    I am also trading few options per week. Only the best opportunities! If you are not really very selective you will lose in the long run for sure. I am still demotrading but my win ratio is already more than 60% and continue to improve.

For the Better:
    You should learn properly and practice for long time before you jump on live trading. Binary or forex trading so difficult to get profits. Don’t go for short trading which is called Scalping. I bet you'll surely fall in lose if you do so. Scalping is kind of gambling. Think professionally and always try to use m30,h1 or h4 candle when you're new. After being expert, you may use m5 or m15 too. Don’t put your all eggs in one buckets, means don't invest your last capital in trading. You’ll be fired if you do so. Please note that Binary trading involves substantial risk of loss, and may not be suitable for everyone.