"US Dollar Jumps the Creek on the Weekly Chart" !!!

This guy knows his stuff. He normally doesn't trade forex, but he decided to talk about currencies today. Good stuff.

http://emini-watch.com/us-dollar-jum...ly-chart/5085/

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by spiderbyte87 View Post
    This guy knows his stuff. He normally doesn't trade forex, but he decided to talk about currencies today. Good stuff.

Enjoy!
    Thanks, spiderbyte87! Interesting article! I rarely watch the dollar index, but have to, because it indicates what are the dollar inflows and outflows. Most often when the dollar is strong, the US stock market is weak, but now it is totally opposite, absolutely strange for me – they both go up! Does anybody have idea what is that and what could happen next? I am worried about potential down turn in the stock market, but there is no sign yet to confirm that could happen soon.

Quote Originally Posted by spiderbyte87 View Post

Enjoy!
    Thanks, spiderbyte87! Interesting article! I rarely watch the dollar index, but have to, because it indicates what are the dollar inflows and outflows. Most often when the dollar is strong, the US stock market is weak, but now it is totally opposite, absolutely strange for me – they both go up! Does anybody have idea what is that and what could happen next? I am worried about potential down turn in the stock market, but there is no sign yet to confirm that could happen soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan21 View Post
    It is a good article. A lot of why the dollar and US stock market are both moving higher is because the U.S. economy is in recovery no matter what the nay sayers or bearish traders tell you. Sure we are in danger of a correction ( I think one is coming, sooner or later) but there is no sign yet. Of course, whenever I write strong opinions of the markets it seems the opposite always happens. At the same time that the U.S. economy is in recovering the EU economy is still sputtering along, not really recovering. Neither is Japan and China is also having some difficulty. The EU was the most recent central bank to lower rates and increase stimulus, Japan made a move the previous month to devalue its currency. So, in the end the U.S. is in recovery with the FOMC expected to start revealing exit strategies soon while the rest of the world languishes and increases stimulus efforts....results: rising dollar, rising U.S. stock market. Keep an eye on earnings expectations, economic data and the FOMC for clues as to what happens next.