Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by willyw View Post
    I have been using the Time Series forecast indicator. It works well on trending markets and its not a lagging indicator. An at times it can spot reversals. You guys can try but be cautious with range markets. I have attach EUR/USD with the Time Series Forecast indicator.
    Sweet, that's great feedback. I have also been having some success with it, I find that stronger signals can last for 10 to 20 bars or more, depending on which chart I am trading.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hodges View Post
    Sweet, that's great feedback. I have also been having some success with it, I find that stronger signals can last for 10 to 20 bars or more, depending on which chart I am trading.
    Great!!!! Hope guys can have great success, too!!!!. Just the same old advise from me again, if possible combine with other indicators for better confirmation!!!!

The TSF is only the red line, the other line is a 30 bar ema. The two can be used together but from what I have seen this may not be neccesary. I have them both on the chart as a reference. TSF crosses only involve the TSF line and the price action.
    So when you say the tsf crosses involve the indicator and price action you mean the high, low, then higher high along with the indicator going up? I only use this indicator for a little bit and it sits with the price (obviously) correct me if i'm wrong, so when the price action going up or down lines up and the indicator is following then you can take a call or a put? Sorry as you can tell i'm new to this and i'm just confused so if someone could explain this in a real SIMPLE idiot proof way on what to trade on and when the entry point is i'd be very happy.

All the best
    P.S sorry for being so stupid with the question i just want to make sure i'm doing the right thing so i'm not using the indicator wrongly. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Liam Morrison View Post
    Sorry as you can tell i'm new to this and i'm just confused so if someone could explain this in a real SIMPLE idiot proof way on what to trade on and when the entry point is i'd be very happy.
    If not then i guess i'll have to search a bit more until I understand fully. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Liam Morrison View Post
    If not then i guess i'll have to search a bit more until I understand fully. Thanks
    Sorry for the confusion. The signals generate when price moves above/below the TSF line. In an uptrend that you have identified wait for price to retreat below the TSF line, when it crosses back over the indicator is signaling to buy a call. In a downtrend, if prices climbs above the TSF line and then crosses back below it is signaling to buy a put. One way to week out false signals is to use a moving average as well...I included one on my chart as a reference, did not mean to make confusion for you..Hope this helps, I'll check back later for more questions if you have them.

Sorry for the confusion. The signals generate when price moves above/below the TSF line. In an uptrend that you have identified wait for price to retreat below the TSF line, when it crosses back over the indicator is signaling to buy a call. In a downtrend, if prices climbs above the TSF line and then crosses back below it is signaling to buy a put. One way to week out false signals is to use a moving average as well...I included one on my chart as a reference, did not mean to make confusion for you..Hope this helps, I'll check back later for more questions if you have them.
    Thankyou Michael. That is a big help, i didn't get what the signals were but now i do =). What type of ma would you use ema sma? and what time 15 20 30? and what time frame would this indicator be good on eg 5min time frame 15 min expiry?

Thanks

Does anybody know what exactly mean “time series”? I have read in the financial literature that this is a description of the historical data extracted for specific instrument, but not sure is it exactly this?

Rookie Member
    Hi MICHAEL H. :
    In your review, you mention tweeking the settings (the "bars+" and the "period"). Is that still accurate?
    I can only adjust the Period, and there is no "bars+" setting anywhere. And if I adjust the period to 9, instead of the default 20, it really doesn't look like the screenshot in your review.
    Is there somewhere I should be looking to adjust settings? Is 20 the best Period to use?
    Your help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by UberMonkey View Post
    Hi MICHAEL H. :
    In your review, you mention tweeking the settings (the "bars+" and the "period"). Is that still accurate?
    I can only adjust the Period, and there is no "bars+" setting anywhere. And if I adjust the period to 9, instead of the default 20, it really doesn't look like the screenshot in your review.
    Is there somewhere I should be looking to adjust settings? Is 20 the best Period to use?
    Your help would be appreciated.
    Sorry for the late reply, I lost track of this thread. I would stick to the factory settings as those are what i used and have had good results with.

Michaelch - Time series is any series of data that utilizes time as a frame of reference. If I am not mistaken time series are the only type of series that have a natural order to them i.e. the time. Other types of data are ordered based on subjective reasons.

Rookie Member
    Hi Michael, I have attached this indicator to my chart and still don't understand how it is used despite reading through over and over the review and your posts. You were enthusiastic in your review and that made me very interested. You may have answered some questions but pardon me as I need the extra clarity. Do you basically leave the default setting at 20 or do you tweak? How do you get 9,7 as shown in your article? In an example of an uptrend, how do I trade with this indicator? What I got from your posts is that I should wait for a trend to retrace. This will be shown by the TSF crossing the price. At this point I do not do anything at all? When the trend resumes, TSF will cross the price again, and this time, I trade at the moment when the candlestick touches the line of this indicator? Is that right?