Solid Member

Which Charting is best for analyze? !!!

Hi Fellow traders,
    I hope this is in the right section. My question today is I would like to know what charting are you guys using to analyze.
    For example, I use MT4. Now if you are using MT4 which broker would you advise that has the most accurate feed. I'm finding that FXclearings feed is not that accurate. Specially the fact that I'm trading PA. If you looking for a specific candle setup. If you feed is wrong then you will get false signals. What other charting to you guys find good.

Thanks in advance

If you are using MT4 demo, the data feed will not be accurate. It has data errors as compare to the live account. Live account data feed has less errors. I am using candlessticks for my charting analysis together S/R. I personally is using the Metastock (not metatrader) by Reuters Thomson.

Try autochartist.... one of the best charting platform.... many options provided in it along with a good interface, building interest in a trader.... accu-charts is also good, but i prefer using autochartist...

One of the better Technical Analysis methods to use during a volatile market is Bollinger Bands. They help analyze the dramatic swings in prices of an Asset. Bollinger Bands use mathematical algorithms to calculate the location of the high and low above and below a moving average. These bands are based on standard deviation, which changes as volatility increases and decreases. The bands will widen when volatility increases and narrow when volatility decreases.

Quote Originally Posted by rachel89 View Post
    One of the better Technical Analysis methods to use during a volatile market is Bollinger Bands. They help analyze the dramatic swings in prices of an Asset. Bollinger Bands use mathematical algorithms to calculate the location of the high and low above and below a moving average. These bands are based on standard deviation, which changes as volatility increases and decreases. The bands will widen when volatility increases and narrow when volatility decreases.
    Thats truth rachel89, bollinger band is good for identifying volatilty swings. As in the forex market there is no actual or real volume figures we can use bollinger bands to help us identify the volatilty of the currency pairs.

It depends on You. If you are a short trader, You may use M15,M30 chart for Trading. If you are a Day trader, you may use H4 or D1 chart for trading. If you are a position trader, then you may use W1 or Monthly chart. But If you are a scalper, you have to go with M1 or M5 chart.

There is "No Best Charting". It varies from individuals to individuals. It depends on each trader's trading style and trading strategy being used. Backtest them to see if it produces good results or you need some "tweaking" to improve it.