Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34
  1. #1
    Solid Member

    How long do you wait for a trade? !!!

    Hello everyone,
    I was just wondering for the experienced trader how long will you normally wait for a trade, 15 minutes, 30 minutes, an hour? I've been placing a lot of trades in my demo account that I feel are more than likely to land ITM, but I'm 3 for my last 12. I think I'm getting a little impatient, obviously.
    I know there are some days and times the market doesn't have good trading conditions, and you have to leave, or be patient and deliberate,
    but when the conditions/indicators are good how long do you normally have to wait to find a solid trade? Another thing I'm curious on is do you just find one stock to trade or open up multiple charts to find the best trade at the moment? Thanks a lot.

  2. #2
    Legendry Member Michael Hodges's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crimson69 View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I was just wondering for the experienced trader how long will you normally wait for a trade, 15 minutes, 30 minutes, an hour? I've been placing a lot of trades in my demo account that I feel are more than likely to land ITM, but I'm 3 for my last 12. I think I'm getting a little impatient, obviously.
    I know there are some days and times the market doesn't have good trading conditions, and you have to leave, or be patient and deliberate,
    but when the conditions/indicators are good how long do you normally have to wait to find a solid trade? Another thing I'm curious on is do you just find one stock to trade or open up multiple charts to find the best trade at the moment? Thanks a lot.
    I always wait as long as it takes. jumping into a trade is the best way to lose money. The proper set ups can take time, especially if you are using a longer time frame like daily or weekly charts. For shorter term trading, since you are a beginner, I would suggest moving down no shorter than 1 hour charts...identify the trend then wait for a signal that follows that trend...let me know how that works for you...

  3. #3
    Active Member rongold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hodges View Post
    I always wait as long as it takes. jumping into a trade is the best way to lose money. The proper set ups can take time, especially if you are using a longer time frame like daily or weekly charts. For shorter term trading, since you are a beginner, I would suggest moving down no shorter than 1 hour charts...identify the trend then wait for a signal that follows that trend...let me know how that works for you...
    Michael's advise is very good. If you follow it, you will have greater improvement. The impatience is the greatest enemy
    of the trader.

  4. #4
    Legendry Member Michael Hodges's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rongold View Post
    Michael's advise is very good. If you follow it, you will have greater improvement. The impatience is the greatest enemy
    of the trader.
    yes, take the time in between trades to learn more about your system and how to work it to full effect, also learn new ways to trade. The more types of trades you can make profitably the more signals you will have available.

  5. #5
    Specialist Member marvel's Avatar
    When you trade not so often you have clear mind and better decision making, this help me a lot in the beginning of my trading career. The intention to trade too often was tremendous, but I stick to only 2 trades per day and it helped me a lot!

  6. #6
    Veteran Member Ammeo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crimson69 View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I was just wondering for the experienced trader how long will you normally wait for a trade, 15 minutes, 30 minutes, an hour? I've been placing a lot of trades in my demo account that I feel are more than likely to land ITM, but I'm 3 for my last 12. I think I'm getting a little impatient, obviously.
    I know there are some days and times the market doesn't have good trading conditions, and you have to leave, or be patient and deliberate,
    but when the conditions/indicators are good how long do you normally have to wait to find a solid trade? Another thing I'm curious on is do you just find one stock to trade or open up multiple charts to find the best trade at the moment? Thanks a lot.
    My timeframes are always longer, they spam from 1 day to several weeks and i almost all of the times use the "Custom Options Builder"..i personally find trading the long term easier and far more relaxed..

  7. #7
    Senior Member LeeChang's Avatar
    I prefer trading daily and weekly options and from time to time hourly options, when there is clear momentum in the market. I prefer to make position trading because the objective lows are clearer and it is easy to catch the best price when you trade on higher time frames.

  8. #8
    Veteran Member uj.forex's Avatar
    i dont use time frames.. i use my PRICE based indicator.. i just wait for the ARROWs to come...

  9. #9
    Legendry Member Michael Hodges's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ammeo View Post
    My timeframes are always longer, they spam from 1 day to several weeks and i almost all of the times use the "Custom Options Builder"..i personally find trading the long term easier and far more relaxed..
    Way more relaxed...

  10. #10
    Specialist Member RCox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by uj.forex View Post
    i dont use time frames.. i use my PRICE based indicator.. i just wait for the ARROWs to come...
    Sounds like magic.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
3