Hot Top 5 Market Moves of the Week - 25-29/03/13 !!!

Bogdan's Top Five Мarket Мoves of the Week are here! This week the Top events will come from Cyprus and their financial crisis solution; from USA – durable goods orders and consumer confidence on Tuesday; from Germany – Unemployment change on Thursday and again from USA - University of Michigan Consumer Confidence on Friday. Check them out!

Cypriot Crisis

US Core Durable Goods Orders

03/26/2013 – Tuesday at 12:30 pm GMT
    US Consumer Confidence

03/26/2013 – Tuesday at 2:00 pm GMT
    German Unemployment Change

03/28/2013 – Thursday at 08:55 am GMT
    University of Michigan Consumer Confidence

03/29/2013 – Friday at 1:55 pm GMT

I think there will be a lot of positive power in the EU markets if finally the Cypriot crisis is successfully solved. There are already such signs today.

The Dutch Finance Minister gave some loose remarks on the success of this bailout package, that is why euro pairs fell sharply on monday.... plus there are concerns regarding how the restructuring would be done in Cyprus...

M.J
    News from Cyprus turned eur/usd into frenzy mode. 220 pips is really big. Today has been very calm for this pair so far. I dun see any strong fundamental or technical factor in this week which can offset the current loss.

Quote Originally Posted by M.J View Post
    News from Cyprus turned eur/usd into frenzy mode. 220 pips is really big. Today has been very calm for this pair so far. I dun see any strong fundamental or technical factor in this week which can offset the current loss.
    Me too! I don’t think there will be some major news which will move EUR/USD pair back in 1.30 levels. It is possible totally opposite to see again downside pressure and much lower levels till the end of this week.

yup, the euro has lost favor, cracks are appearing in the EU recovery. This week German unemployment will be a big factor. Germany is expected to lead the EU back into growth, if unemployment rises unexpectedly it could hurt that view. Last weeks manufacturing data (I think it was PMI?) contracted against expectations and cast a shadow of doubt on the expected German recovery.

Rookie Member
    US GDP tomorrow will be the biggest mover for this week I guess! But actually it is just annualized prediction. It is expected to be 0.4% with last march (2012) 3.1%. As this number is announced every month why it is so big shaker of the markets?

Tomorrow is also the Germany Unemployment Figure. Do you think it could be a real shaker?

There was no significant effect neither from Germany Unemployment Figure neither from US annualized GDP.. Tomorrow is only University of Michigan Consumer Confidence and if it remain unchanged we could see no significant price moves I suspect.