Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rookie Member
    Seems a little mixed review on Opteck. I deposited 1000$ for a silver acct on sunday after some persuasion from a "senior broker". I have to say im more than a little worried about this company since the deposit. I'm not sure if I should move forward with trading with a demo account. Right now I've requested a withdrawal of my 1000$ and he's agreed as long as i "verify" my account by sending copies of my credit card, government ID, and a signed copy of their terms and conditions. This seems to be anything anyone would request for identity theft, so im very hesitant to send all this info over. Has anyone had any issues withdrawing from Opteck? Or have some input on sending all this information over, id like to get my cash back but dont want to risk a worse loss involved with ID theft? Any info would be greatly appreciated right now, thanks alot!!!!

It's common that you have to verify your account and send copies.

I don't know Opteck, but this verify process is not strange. I think you can hide some info on your creditcard, but since I don't use one, someone else will have to state something about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Logik287 View Post
    Seems a little mixed review on Opteck. I deposited 1000$ for a silver acct on sunday after some persuasion from a "senior broker". I have to say im more than a little worried about this company since the deposit. I'm not sure if I should move forward with trading with a demo account. Right now I've requested a withdrawal of my 1000$ and he's agreed as long as i "verify" my account by sending copies of my credit card, government ID, and a signed copy of their terms and conditions. This seems to be anything anyone would request for identity theft, so im very hesitant to send all this info over. Has anyone had any issues withdrawing from Opteck? Or have some input on sending all this information over, id like to get my cash back but dont want to risk a worse loss involved with ID theft? Any info would be greatly appreciated right now, thanks alot!!!!
    Yes, unfortunately is a common procedure. On one hand it seems like a legit anti money-laundering act; on the other, they make it harder on you to withdraw. Don't be let down by the process, it might take up to a few days, but you'll be alright. Keep us updated!

Rookie Member
    Alright everything has gone through just fine with Opteck wanted to update ya guys. Thanks for the info on the ID, was really worried about giving it out

Quote Originally Posted by Logik287 View Post
    Alright everything has gone through just fine with Opteck wanted to update ya guys. Thanks for the info on the ID, was really worried about giving it out
    Glad to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexF View Post
    Hi Guys

I have found a lot more bad reviews on Opteck than good. This is my only trusted forum that actually doesn't have a bad review about their withdrawal process or lack of withdrawal process, pushy telemarketers(senior brokers) and horror stories of people with large profits being locked out of their account for no reason and not being able to get their money out. They have a great platform, very user friendly and quick that also has a good feel to it but I'm concerned it is just a shiny front with doom and gloom behind the curtains.

Pity as they have all the right elements I like to trade with. Is there anyone who has traded with them for longer than 6 months who can consistently withdrawal their profits? I would love to be proved wrong about this broker but I'm not holding my breath.
    Well, this forum is not exactly meant for complaining, however as forums tend to be, people tend to post anything on their mind. If you're looking for opteck complaints/comments/feedback - try this page (complaints section) - http://www.binaryoptionsthatsuck.com...eviews/opteck/
    and you might want to check the comments here below - http://www.binaryoptionsthatsuck.com...w/opteck-suck/
    “Don't believe anything you read on the net. Except this. Well, including this, I suppose.” ― Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Kay View Post
    Well, this forum is not exactly meant for complaining, however as forums tend to be, people tend to post anything on their mind. If you're looking for opteck complaints/comments/feedback - try this page (complaints section) - http://www.binaryoptionsthatsuck.com...eviews/opteck/
    and you might want to check the comments here below - http://www.binaryoptionsthatsuck.com...w/opteck-suck/
    I did post that in May but point taken
    Last edited by AlexF; 11-03-2014 at 02:31 AM.

Just a heads up for those people looking into trading with Opteck, I have just read they are now a regulated broker with CySEC. They received their licence in October 2014. Hopefully a good sign they have cleaned up any of those issues mentioned in this thread and on their way to becoming a trusted name. So far they are easily the quickest customer service I have come across.

Well that's great news! Where did you get the news from?
    “Don't believe anything you read on the net. Except this. Well, including this, I suppose.” ― Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Kay View Post
    Well that's great news! Where did you get the news from?
    I found it here http://scambroker.com/opteck/ , unsure if it is ligit or not to be honest. Opteck were always saying they were in the process of getting regulated.

Their license number is meant to be 238/14

Let me know if you can find out information to confirm this, would be good to know.