Hot Tip from the Geek - SP500, EUR/USD, USD/JPY weekly and monthly Expire - 18-25/03/2013 !!!

Hi guys,

The New Top Five Tips of the week from Michael are here!
    The week started with fear of Cyprus bail out problems and will give a lot of good opportunities for medium and long term binary options trading. Check Michael tips and find out the best trades for the week!

Originally posted by Michael Hodges.

S&P 500 Offering Up A Nice Buying Opportunity

The S&P 500
    Call/Put = Call
    Entry = Below 1550
    Expiration = End of the Month

The S&P 500 followed the lead of other world indexes and began the week in negative territory. This knee jerk reaction to the Cyprus bail out scheme should provide a good entry point for weekly and monthly trades. The U.S. market has been expecting a dip for a couple of months now. Many of those looking to get in on that expected dip missed the chance in late February and could be looking to get into this one.

Our own economy is showing more and more signs of strength. Housing and employment data has been improving steadily over the last few months and this week should not be any different. We get a full load of U.S. housing sector data this plus an FOMC meeting, rate decision and statement. The general expectation is for more good economic data, statements from the FOMC supporting that data and a continuing recovery led by housing. I am in agreement with this sentiment and still bullish on the S&P, at least until it gets above 1565-1572, then we’ll have to see. I am trading calls with an entry below 1550 with an end of the month expiration which gives the trade two weeks to unfold. It may be possible to get an entry well below 1550.

Euro Succumbs To Selling

EUR/USD
    Call/Put = Put
    Entry = Above 1.295
    Expiration = End of the week

The euro fell to heavy selling pressure as investor fear of a plan similar to Cyprus being applied to other EU nations. The drop brought the pair below the support and down trend lines I have been working off of (1.3000 and tops from late Jan into Feb). I’m still bearish on this pair, at least for this week. There are some signs of a possible support zone though it is yet to have any kind of confirmation. There is also chance that some good news could emerge from Cyprus and other ailing EU nations that could support some euro buying. This week I am trading a put with a target entry above 1.2950 and an end of the month expiration.

Yen To Move Up

USD/JPY
    Call/Put = Call
    Entry = below 95.50
    Expiration = End of the month

I am bullish on the USD/JPY pair. My reasons are Prime Minister Shinzo Abe’s plans and policies, BOJ Governor Kuroda’s support of aggressive easing, a current up trend and a bounce from my 94.50 support line. I am trading calls with a weekly expiration and a target entry below 95.50. Higher entries will likely pay off but for a weekly trade I want to keep it below this level.

You are consistently bullish on US stock market Michael!

I am guessing when we will see you will change your mind You are extremely successful in your prediction for SP500 last several weeks but as you see the market tension is escalating and a bigger change in market sentiment is ahead. When it will happen nobody knows. I also want to by US indexes and individual stocks but will wait for much better levels than the levels are now!

Quote Originally Posted by michaelch View Post
    You are consistently bullish on US stock market Michael! I am guessing when we will see you will change your mind You are extremely successful in your prediction for SP500 last several weeks but as you see the market tension is escalating and a bigger change in market sentiment is ahead. When it will happen nobody knows. I also want to by US indexes and individual stocks but will wait for much better levels than the levels are now!
    I have to keep trading bullish until the market reverses. Still no technical signs of that....though there are some signs of cracks in the global recovery, a reversal could some soon.....I'll be keeping my eyes out for it and will start buying puts when the time is right!

This just in: The Cypriot parliament has rejected the controversial bank deposit tax, thereby blocking the EU bailout plan.

Quote Originally Posted by vinayakm View Post
    This just in: The Cypriot parliament has rejected the controversial bank deposit tax, thereby blocking the EU bailout plan.
    Seriously!? I was thinking that they will be really that stupid to vote for that decision Now the situation will less or more improve and I hope Cyprus will no longer be a market driver as it is not a good one for the euro we see!

Solid Member
    EUR/USD put above 1.2950 on Monday was really good idea. I successfully executed such weekly trade on StockPair platform. The other two trading tips listed here USD/JPY call and SP500 call I think are more doubtful and won’t give any good results, but let’s wait till the end of this week to see. I could be wrong.

I think all the tips from Michael this week will end in the money as we see a lot of improvements in them now. USD/JPY Call is in the money now, also SP500 call is and EUR/USD put is still in the money. Probably it will have the most problems to reach in the money target but I am optimist as the euro sentiment is still negative!

The USD/Jpy trade is a little iffy and Cyprus is weighing heavily in Europe. The S&P is looking pretty good and could make its stab at the all time high today or tomorrow.