Page 2 of 168 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    still bearish.... 1.5300 level ... very soon...

reason: 1 - High negative impact of bad UK retail sales... 2 - Concerns of downgrade of Triple-A rating...

GBP/USD opened today with a strong downside gap of about 90 pips. That was mostly because of Britain economy downgrade by the rating agencies. Now I think the market is in oversold territory and will regain back to some extend in the next few days. For me it is stronger than the Euro. It is confirmed by the price action in EUR/GBP. This pair make a big top today and than dropped by more than 150 pips in a matter of hours.

Quote Originally Posted by uj.forex View Post
    it's in range.... bothering very much.... not a good currency to buy at the moment.. huge pressure on it, forecast about it is to test 1.5200 level..
    Interesting call for this pair. Your floor was taken out

Quote Originally Posted by uj.forex View Post
    reason: 1 - High negative impact of bad UK retail sales... 2 - Concerns of downgrade of Triple-A rating...
    Interesting. Additionally, I think looking for signals on the 1 hour or higher time frames may be a good idea.Name:  GBPUSD 26th.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  103.9 KB

I am bearish on the currency pair given the resurgence in the US economy and the US dollar also coming along for the ride.

GBP/USD is strongly oversold and if we have good situation for decline in the dollar index we will se also a sharp rise in the GBP value!

I think GBP/USD is a surprisingly week pair, even compared to EUR/USD last decline. This almost 11% decline for the last three months is too big to reflect a real change in the economic situation in the Great Britain, so I think we will see a good correction here very soon.

Rookie Member
    Hi there , gbp/usd is now about 1.5050 , do you think its a good idea to buy a PUT for tomorrow or for the next week?
    Thank you. ^^

Hi, Gsrus!

The GBP/USD pair actually hit 1.5120 this evening and gives us highly bullish signal for the next few days. If you decide to buy a put now you will face a high probability to stick your trade against a major time frame trend and to lose it independently of the time frame you select. I don’t recommend you to buy any kind of PUT on this pair now. It could work but the risk is not appropriate. I thing buying CALL on deep next few day if such a deep appear will be much better bargain.