Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

A Newbie Sharing a Strategy That Has Worked So Far !!!

In this strategy i use; Bollinger Bands default settings, two EMAs: 7 and 26, Williams Percent Range 14, Fisher, double RSI: 14 and 2 and MACD. I either use it with the MACD and no EMAs or vice versa.

Screen capture without the MACD:

http://s1289.beta.photobucket.com/us...tml?sort=3&o=1

CALL:
    What i do is i only take calls when the 7 EMA is above the 26 EMA. The signal i wait for is when the 2 RSI crosses the 14 RSI going up and the William Percent Range is not in overbought area.

PUT:

What i do is only take puts when the 7 EMA is below the 26 EMA. The signal i wait for is when the 2 RSI crosses the 14 RSI going down and the William Percent Range is not in the oversold area.

Screen capture with the MACD:

http://s1289.beta.photobucket.com/us...tml?sort=3&o=0

Everything is the same except i take calls and puts based on the MACD.

CALL:
    When the MACD line; the blue one is above the other line; the red one and the green bars are above zero i take calls.

PUT:
    When the MACD line; the blue one is below the other line; the red and the green bars are below zero i take puts.

I am a newbie, this is just from experimenting. I'd love for some with more experience to correct me if need be or help improve the strategy or show something better.

Oh, i don't like taking trades when the Bollinger Bands are narrow and the EMAs are hugging each other, same for the MACD lines when their hugging each other.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails without macd.jpg   with macd.jpg  
    Last edited by dgaubatz313; 02-08-2013 at 06:00 AM. Reason: Uploaded pictures on photobucket.

Rookie Member
    Hi, dgaubatz313! Thanks for sharing this strategy with us. It looks very well and detailed explained so it looks easily to reproduce it. I will test it! Unfortunately the attachment with the pictures are not accessible. Could you upload them again?

Hi, dgaubatz313 and welcome! Your strategy looks pretty well! It is very good idea to use the RSI crosses, with EMA and WPI filters. To be sure you should test it in a Metatrader platform by coding a small expert advisor and test on a 1 minute historical data for several months’ history. What time frame you use for your entries!

I understand that the strategy uses two indicators - RSI and EMA for entry signal and only one indicator Williams Percentage Range for filtering the signals. On the other hand is the strategy using MACD indicator as the only signal and again WPR for filtering. So there are two cases with two different types of main indicators. Do you test these two variants on a historical data? What are the results?

How can u make 2 RSIs cross? The links dont work so I cant figure it out

Follow 200 EMA on 15 min chart... and Also 5 min chart... Once there are 2 consecutive bullish candles formed above 15 min chart 200 EMA line, and above 50 day EMA line on 5 min chart, then buying would be suitable...

M.J
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogdan G View Post
    This is what I am trying to figure out. RSI itself has levels which give an indication.
    So my first question is HOW (does it happen).
    Second question WHY (u need to cross an RSI over another RSI).

I think he downloaded an additional Double RSI indicator. From looking around on the internet.

In MT4 i go open the RSI have 14 as the default setting. Then i go to the RSI folder again and i drag and drop it onto the other RSI then for that one i enter 2 for my RSI setting. Try it.

Quote Originally Posted by pepermind View Post
    Unfortunately the attachment with the pictures are not accessible. Could you upload them again?
    I'll try. I have to have 10 characters to submit.