Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Administrator Martin Kay's Avatar

    Hot Top 5 Market Moves of the Week - 04-08/02/13 !!!

    Hi guys,

    Bogdan's Top Five Мarket Мoves of the Week are here!
    This week we will wait for the EU Bid Rate with ECB press conference after it and British Pound Official Bank Rate, both on Thursday. Check it out and be prepared for the market surprises this week.

    Originally posted by Bogdan G. for more info on these events click here.

    Spanish Unemployment
    02/04/2013 – Monday at 08:00 am GMT

    Euro Minimum Bid Rate
    02/07/2013 – Thursday at 12:45 pm GMT

    ECB Press Conference
    02/07/2013 – Thursday at 1:30 pm GMT

    British Pound Official Bank Rate
    02/07/2013 – Thursday at 12:00 pm GMT

    Coca – Cola Enterprises, Inc. Earnings Report
    02/07/2013 – Thursday at 3:00 pm GMT

  2. #2
    Master Member vinayakm's Avatar
    Sounds like Thursday is going to be a big day. Mario Draghi had a pretty big impact last time he spoke at the ECB Press Conference with his hawkish remarks that sent the Euro soaring!

  3. #3
    Solid Member
    Yea, this week the greatest turning point day is Thursday. I agree that the Draghi speech will affect substantially all the markets and especially those correlated with the Euro!

  4. #4
    Specialist Member RCox's Avatar
    For me, the main info here is the ECB policy statement and the Unemployment rate in Spain. The UR will be useful for those looking for short term trades (using the IBEX), but this info will be useful for longer term currency traders as Spain is still dealing with potential conflicts in accepting a bailout package and a negative number here is bearish for the Euro.

  5. #5
    Specialist Member runneroption's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RCox View Post
    For me, the main info here is the ECB policy statement and the Unemployment rate in Spain. The UR will be useful for those looking for short term trades (using the IBEX), but this info will be useful for longer term currency traders as Spain is still dealing with potential conflicts in accepting a bailout package and a negative number here is bearish for the Euro.
    That’s right RCox! The Thursday ECB press release will generate great volatility on the markets but I also expect something to happen with the British Pound after the Bank of England rate decision. The pound look for me in a deep oversold territory and could have some good spike if the rate decision remains unchanged. I even don’t expect a rate increase as now it is almost impossible for the big countries.

  6. #6
    Master Member vinayakm's Avatar
    Keeping them honest (stealing a line from CNN's Anderson Cooper), it seems like Bogdan has gotten things spot on once again. The ECB press conference effects should move to the next trading day (tomorrow - Friday) I believe.

    I am looking at more hourly puts on the EUR/USD even though I know the currency pair has been bullish over the last few months or so and it has had a couple of pullbacks in the last few days. I've done the technical and fundamental analysis and I feel an hourly put just for tomorrow above 1.3450 will work fine.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vinayakm View Post
    Keeping them honest (stealing a line from CNN's Anderson Cooper), it seems like Bogdan has gotten things spot on once again. The ECB press conference effects should move to the next trading day (tomorrow - Friday) I believe.

    I am looking at more hourly puts on the EUR/USD even though I know the currency pair has been bullish over the last few months or so and it has had a couple of pullbacks in the last few days. I've done the technical and fundamental analysis and I feel an hourly put just for tomorrow above 1.3450 will work fine.
    Sorry for my contrarian view vinayakm, but I don’t see the things the same way. If the EUR/USD goes above 1.3450 tomorrow it will be again bullish signal. If it is under the control of the bears it will not go as high in my opinion. As a profit taking day tomorrow I think we will see a slight rally but not as strong as needed for a call positions..

  8. #8
    Master Member vinayakm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelch View Post
    Sorry for my contrarian view vinayakm, but I don’t see the things the same way. If the EUR/USD goes above 1.3450 tomorrow it will be again bullish signal. If it is under the control of the bears it will not go as high in my opinion. As a profit taking day tomorrow I think we will see a slight rally but not as strong as needed for a call positions..
    I guess I got it spot on this time around michaelch with the EUR/USD closing below 1.3400; 1.3362 to be exact. The Draghi comments have really made the exchange rate tank and my puts worked wonders!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
3