Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34
  1. #1
    Junior Member

    Lightbulb Mobile Trading – Pros and Cons !!!

    Hi everyone

    Because I can't be all day in front of computer I searched this site and it looks amazing

    http://www.newsimpact.com/userhome.aspx

    Just set your mobile phone, choose the asset, target price and when it is reached u get an instant sms...

    What do u think??

  2. #2
    Active Member

    !!!

    Very interesting! Thank for sharing the link esiconsum. I prefer watching the price action on the screen. It is possible to use your mobile phone for such alerts but for me definitely it is better to have a full screen chart. I could not take any decisions when I am out and watching only my mobile phone. But sometime it happens. You have to go away from your screen for some emergency task and than you are curious how your position is developing. That’s the moment such mobile apps are great! Some brokers even offer mobile platforms.

  3. #3
    Moderator Kolyo's Avatar

    Lightbulb Mobile Trading – Pros and Cons !!!

    Hi guys,

    I found there is increasing interest in trading via mobile phones. That’s why I started this thread. Here you could discuss and share your views and opinions about the new mobile applications specialized on trading and especially on binary options trading! How do you approach them, what are the advantages and disadvantages to trade via your mobile phone. Share you experience and ideas!

  4. #4
    Veteran Member uj.forex's Avatar
    anyone using indicators properly and extensively, cannot benefit from it... he just can have a rough idea for basic indicators from the charts seen on the phone... and of course execute the trades....

  5. #5
    Master Member vinayakm's Avatar

    Cool !!!

    Quote Originally Posted by uj.forex View Post
    anyone using indicators properly and extensively, cannot benefit from it... he just can have a rough idea for basic indicators from the charts seen on the phone... and of course execute the trades....
    Yeah! I totally agree. Mobile phones are a no-no at least for me and it should be so for most traders. But then again, mobile devices may not be a bad idea especially since I like working on my iPad and its very convenient to carry around with my Bluetooth Keyboard, etc. After all, the PC is going to be dead after the smartphone/tablet year that 2012 panned out to be.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7512897_f520.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	74
    I will watch this thread closely to see some other traders' views on this topic.
    Last edited by vinayakm; 01-26-2013 at 09:05 PM.

  6. #6
    Veteran Member Ammeo's Avatar
    Binaries can be easily traded via smart phones..even spot forex. In my view smart phones are going to be the future gadgets most of the traders will be trading on. Offcourse there is still a lot of improvement to be gone to make it a much better and easier experience.
    As for trading stocks, i dont think one should be using smart phones unless he's a swing trader or a position trader.

  7. #7
    Junior Member howard1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ammeo View Post
    Binaries can be easily traded via smart phones..even spot forex. In my view smart phones are going to be the future gadgets most of the traders will be trading on. Offcourse there is still a lot of improvement to be gone to make it a much better and easier experience.
    The new technologies are already here and I think in the near future you could trade everywhere and everything from your smart phone. It is other question will it be comfortable for you to do it that way. Some traders prefer to have five 21” monitors on their desk and to be concentrated when trading, but others don’t need such special circumstances and could trade even when they cut the grass in their garden haha

  8. #8
    Legendry Member willyw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by howard1 View Post
    The new technologies are already here and I think in the near future you could trade everywhere and everything from your smart phone. It is other question will it be comfortable for you to do it that way. Some traders prefer to have five 21” monitors on their desk and to be concentrated when trading, but others don’t need such special circumstances and could trade even when they cut the grass in their garden haha
    They are pros and cons to mobile trading. But its still better to trade the traditional way. When switching from apps like from quotes to charts to news is not than fast as when you are using a mouse click an you can have a windows open for easy trading.
    Last edited by willyw; 01-28-2013 at 12:43 PM. Reason: typo error

  9. #9
    Specialist Member LesterK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by willyw View Post
    They are pros and cons to mobile trading. But its still better to trade the traditional way. When switching from apps like from quotes to charts to news is not than fast as when you are using a mouse click an you can have a windows open for easy trading.
    I agree willyw. There is no way to trade as fast and as well equipped on a mobile phone or ipad, than on a traditional trading desktop. I personally have 2 24” monitors: one for the charting software and executions and one for news channels and analysis. Also I prefer mouse, than touch screens and will never change that

  10. #10
    Legendry Member willyw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LesterK View Post
    I agree willyw. There is no way to trade as fast and as well equipped on a mobile phone or ipad, than on a traditional trading desktop. I personally have 2 24” monitors: one for the charting software and executions and one for news channels and analysis. Also I prefer mouse, than touch screens and will never change that
    LesterK, since you ave two monitors, consider have a window for interbank quotes so you can compare prices with your broker. Almost all traders nowadays only view quotes by brokers. with interbank quotes you can identify price errors, or if your broker is under-quoting or over-quoting or if they "job" your trades. Having interbank quotes could be helpful when you are about to execute your trades which could provide you a reference to guide you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
3