Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 72
  1. #1
    Veteran Member Ammeo's Avatar

    Are you satisfied with your monthly earnings from trading? !!!

    Me personally ,im not satisfied ,one reason is i dont have enough capital in my account to be even happy with a 5-10% gain a month. 2nd is i cant live out of the fear of failing to achieve the minimum amount that i need to spend a whole month as there is no guarantee of earnings by the end of the month ,so i have to do extra jobs to make sure i do have some guaranteed earnings...
    One there is enough capital in my trading account say $10k-$20k and i make 10% a month ,maybe then i can have some satisfactions from my trading...

  2. #2
    Specialist Member runneroption's Avatar
    I am not satisfied. I am still searching my edge in trading. Some weeks I have good gains some weeks are not so good. I have strict money management to risk 1% of my capital in a single option and that saved me a lot of money, but I still have some difficulties to improve my track record.

  3. #3
    Solid Member Peter Green's Avatar
    I am very satisfied! I learned a lot. I still trade on demo but have some good results and continue to improve. In few weeks I will go live and share my experience

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    I'm not satisfied ...anymore. My trading has quite collapsed. Pricing is killing me. I have to force the things a bit and get institutional, cause retail doesn't work for me anymore. And here is a thin balance, because I could get funding if I prove my edge is intact, and I can't get an institutional demo to test that because I don't have the money yet...goddamn...

  5. #5
    Veteran Member uj.forex's Avatar
    Satisfaction from earning can come ONLY if you make a PLAN first of all.... Or else haphazard trading might cause u loss coz of greed or may be fear too... No matter what balance u have in ur account, just set a target as to how much PERCENTAGE of the total balance you aim to achieve by the end of the month... and the threshold level that you can bear to lose at maximum..... personally, i target 30% return every month and am satisfied with it....

  6. #6
    Master Member vinayakm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Green View Post
    I am very satisfied! I learned a lot. I still trade on demo but have some good results and continue to improve. In few weeks I will go live and share my experience
    I am quite satisfied too. I am not a full time trader by any stretch of the imagination. Although, I see it happening in some years from now on. I am viewing the whole site here and the guidance and advice with a long term perspective. I've already come a long way in my trading career since joining this forum.
    I think one thing that I wish to impart here is patience. I never rush into a trade and always analyze the fundamentals and technicals before I enter a position whether it be a weekly or monthly call or even 60 seconds options.
    It was interesting you brought up earnings here since I made $1000 today (a real rarity) because I did some 60 second calls on the EUR/USD. The exchange rate was very volatile in the period and I thought I'd try my luck.
    So that's basically what I do in a nutshell. I don't trade a lot, but when I do I make it count. I've had my share of losses of course, but I am happy with $600 in net income from trading a month for the moment.
    As I get more experienced, I will set the stakes higher.

  7. #7
    Senior Member LeeChang's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fxeconomist View Post
    I'm not satisfied ...anymore. My trading has quite collapsed. Pricing is killing me. I have to force the things a bit and get institutional, cause retail doesn't work for me anymore. And here is a thin balance, because I could get funding if I prove my edge is intact, and I can't get an institutional demo to test that because I don't have the money yet...goddamn...
    Why do you think institutional platform is better for your trading edge? What kind of difference do you expect as compared to retail platform? And by the way what is your edge defined as you think it is?

  8. #8
    Veteran Member Ammeo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by uj.forex View Post
    Satisfaction from earning can come ONLY if you make a PLAN first of all.... Or else haphazard trading might cause u loss coz of greed or may be fear too... No matter what balance u have in ur account, just set a target as to how much PERCENTAGE of the total balance you aim to achieve by the end of the month... and the threshold level that you can bear to lose at maximum..... personally, i target 30% return every month and am satisfied with it....
    30% return is too big on a monthly basis ,maybe it'll work for a small account bt those returns wont even make utility bills ..

  9. #9
    Solid Member Peter Green's Avatar

    Cool unrealistic goal uj !!!

    Quote Originally Posted by uj.forex View Post
    Satisfaction from earning can come ONLY if you make a PLAN first of all.... Or else haphazard trading might cause u loss coz of greed or may be fear too... No matter what balance u have in ur account, just set a target as to how much PERCENTAGE of the total balance you aim to achieve by the end of the month... and the threshold level that you can bear to lose at maximum..... personally, i target 30% return every month and am satisfied with it....
    Come on uj.forex Probably you are a total newbie. Targeting such a high percentage of monthly profit is a way unrealistic if you want to achieve it stably during the year. Do the math 1.30^12 = 23 or 2300% a year. I will not say totally impossible but very exceptional and only exceptional traders could do it from time to time If you succeed to make 3 months with 30% each one be sure that you will lose 50% on the forth or fifth month that’s the game. I am targeting 50% a year and will be very happy if I achieve it with drawdown limited to 20%. If I did not achieve it I will be happy with any positive result my first year of real trading.

  10. #10
    Legendry Member willyw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Green View Post
    Come on uj.forex Probably you are a total newbie. Targeting such a high percentage of monthly profit is a way unrealistic if you want to achieve it stably during the year. Do the math 1.30^12 = 23 or 2300% a year. I will not say totally impossible but very exceptional and only exceptional traders could do it from time to time If you succeed to make 3 months with 30% each one be sure that you will lose 50% on the forth or fifth month that’s the game. I am targeting 50% a year and will be very happy if I achieve it with drawdown limited to 20%. If I did not achieve it I will be happy with any positive result my first year of real trading.
    Setting 30% profit a month is way too high. Even professional trader dont set their that high. A comfotable figure like 10~15% would be just nice and comfortable. Set your target and dont keep reminding yourself of your target or else you will be trading with pressure which could result in negative results. Setting a target is 1 thing, but trade as normal. If you keep reminding yourself of the target you will be pushing and rushing yourself to trade which is not advisable.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
3