Post Тhe Stupid Guy Strategy for Binary Options !!!

Hi guys! Michael investigated one interesting MACD strategy with also interesting name - the Stupid Guy Strategy. Read the full review and give your opinion does this strategy suck or not?

Originally posted by Michael Hodges on bots.com school. Click here for the full review.

How It Works

The Stupid Guy System is based solely on MACD crossovers. MACD, moving average convergence divergence, is a technical indicator that utilizes two moving averages. One average is longer and sets the trend, one average is shorter and delivers the signals. The way it works is when the two moving averages move closer and farther apart, converging and diverging. In an uptrend when the signal line crosses over the trend line you get a buy signal for binary calls. In a downtrend when the signal line crosses under the trend line you get a signal for binary puts. MACD can be displayed on your charts in two ways.

My Last Word

MACD good. Trend determining good. Support/Resistance determining good. Market reversals good. The Stupid Guy System not good. Don’t waste your time. This is nothing more than a novice trader and financial writer testing the waters and experimenting with a good indicator. With the knowledge that this strategy was first written more than two years ago I will look for more of Wolf’s writings to see what strategies he is using now.

M.J
    It is clear that stupid guy's strategy... oo sorry I mean wolf's strategy.... is in experimenting stage. There can be 2 reasons to publish this flawed system
    1- as Michael said, driving traffic to his websites.
    2- to take reviews and make his system better which is why he is continuously making modifications.

Again, MACD crossovers are lagging indicators... they are good in letting you know what trend the market is in currently, but the price already has moved substantially when we see the crossovers, divergence, or convergence.... in other words, profit maximization is not possible through this system.... and yes, those who follow MACD in short time-frames they normally get more losses because crossovers happen frequently...

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Kay View Post
    Hi guys! Michael investigated one interesting MACD strategy with also interesting name - the Stupid Guy Strategy. Read the full review and give your opinion does this strategy suck or not?
    It seemed like not a bad strategy to at least try out on paper, but after I saw that Michael kept having losses I am quite skeptical of even trying the Stupid Guy System.
    As for trying to make it work, I can't be bothered contacting the guy Wolf. His blog isn't impressive to suggest that he would be a successful trader in the first place. He is already off Twitter and I can't seem to find him on Facebook!

Actually, I did find it: https://www.facebook.com/riza.hariadi?fref=ts. You know what? I am going to totally try this thing out and let you know how it goes. He seems like a serious FX trader to me. But then again even Keith Jones seems that way!

Don't bother Vinayakm You will just lose time tracking him down and asking him about his settings for the MACD. I think his answer will be something along these lines: Oh, man, I haven't used that strategy for a long while (btw, that is not a strategy, he is just trying to find settings for an indicator), but I am using something far more powerful now.... bla bla. And he will use something even more powerful next week...and the week after that another Holy Grail will be used. I think it's not worth your time

A Daily black body has formed (because prices closed lower than they opened).
    For the past 10 Daily candlestick bars as of 07/01/13, there are 7 white candles versus 3 black candles with a net of 4 white candles.
    For the past 50 Daily candlestick bars as of 07/01/13, there are 33 white candles versus 17 black candles with a net of 16 white candles.
    A Daily engulfing bearish line has formed (where a black candle's real body completely contains the previous white candle's real body). The engulfing bearish pattern is bearish during an uptrend (which appears to be the case with British Pound / Japanese Yen). It signifies that the momentum may be shifting from the bulls to the bears.
    If the engulfing bearish pattern occurs during a downtrend, it may be a last engulfing bottom which indicates a bullish reversal. The test to see if this is the case is if the next candle closes above the bottom the current (black) candle's real body.
    Last edited by willyw; 01-09-2013 at 09:36 AM.