[NEW FEATURE] Live Signals on CT 2.0 I want to take a look now! Close
Open
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 42
  1. #1
    Veteran Member Ammeo's Avatar

    Anyone here trading for a living? !!!

    Yes,we have always heard of the stories people trading for a living bt is there someone who actually is ? and does he/she only relies on trading for a living and having a better life than a person with a job would have? I personally dont trade for a living (just secondary thing for me) bt is there someone out there who actually does?

  2. #2
    M.J
    M.J is offline
    Veteran Member M.J's Avatar
    No, I am not relying 100% on trading. Actually I have a part time job and I also give time to a small business run by my father. So I am a part time trader. I do not plan on trading full time in near future.

  3. #3
    Veteran Member Dan21's Avatar
    I definitely want to become a full time trader sooner or later. It is my dream and I will do it. I am aware how difficult it is and how many efforts it will takes to happen. After all the hard work gaining experience I eventually will become a successful trader. That means I will earn money from the market. This is my first goal, but this is not the end of the story. When you are successful you need to increase steadily your investment capital in order to rely only on your wining trades to live. With small capital it will be difficult, because of the random nature of the market. Some days will be losers some will be winners. You have to be well prepared for some inevitable losses during your trading journey.
    Here is a small calculation. If you could live with let’s say 1000$ a month and your trading could average a 10% a month on your capital with reasonable risk, than you must have at least 10000$ capital and probably some additional buffers if you suffer from greater than expected loss a particular month.

  4. #4
    Veteran Member Ammeo's Avatar
    The thing is we all talk abt trading for a living or having it a dream to trade for a living bt we actually dont see anyone who is actually doing it ..everyone is either in experimenting phase or doing it just as a part time...i sometimes wonder if it is only a fantasy idea of trading for a living or does it has some reality in it...

  5. #5
    Master Member vinayakm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ammeo View Post
    The thing is we all talk abt trading for a living or having it a dream to trade for a living bt we actually dont see anyone who is actually doing it ..everyone is either in experimenting phase or doing it just as a part time...i sometimes wonder if it is only a fantasy idea of trading for a living or does it has some reality in it...
    It'll be interesting to read what the senior members and admin have to say about this a.k.a Bogdan, Richard, Michael and Martin. I am sure there are many out there who trade for a living and make good money. You can find them in hedge funds and investment banks. Stock traders as well.
    I personally know of a couple of people (much older than me of course) who sit at home all day and trade, trade, trade. Make good money too!

  6. #6
    Legendry Member willyw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vinayakm View Post
    It'll be interesting to read what the senior members and admin have to say about this a.k.a Bogdan, Richard, Michael and Martin. I am sure there are many out there who trade for a living and make good money. You can find them in hedge funds and investment banks. Stock traders as well.
    I personally know of a couple of people (much older than me of course) who sit at home all day and trade, trade, trade. Make good money too!
    Yes, we can make trading our full time job. I was a full time trader, trading my own account and also handle clients' account with a trading brokerage comapny. All I do everyday is only to analyze the market and doing trading. I am in the market for almost 20 hours a day not a few hours. From Asia session to NY seesion. But weekends,Sat & Sun is bed time for me. I have heard many people say it is difficult to trade full time but it is possible. You have to take up the challenge and and accept the presure. On the other hand, your trading actions have to be swift when comes to decision making on making a trade ESPECIALLY stop-loss.

  7. #7
    Solid Member Peter Green's Avatar
    Hi, willyw! That's great we have a full time trader in the forum. Your thoughts and comments will be very helpful for all of us. Do you think that 20 hours a day is too much? I am not sure what are your capabilities and sleep hours, but for me it is a kind of obsession to stay that much in front of the screens. My early days were about 10 hours a day, but now I watch the market only from time to time approximately 3-4 hours a day at max and it is fine for me.

  8. #8
    M.J
    M.J is offline
    Veteran Member M.J's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vinayakm View Post
    It'll be interesting to read what the senior members and admin have to say about this a.k.a Bogdan, Richard, Michael and Martin. I am sure there are many out there who trade for a living and make good money. You can find them in hedge funds and investment banks. Stock traders as well.
    I personally know of a couple of people (much older than me of course) who sit at home all day and trade, trade, trade. Make good money too!
    Yes. You r correct. There r full time traders. But I think that majority of them r having other sources of income. For example many full time traders do not just rely on what they earn from their own capital. But they try to become money managers so that they can earn more in the form of commissions. Some full time traders also earn by giving opinion on reputable financial websites.

    So the bottom line is that trading is not just "trading". You can take part in it in different ways. Having one income stream, which is also highly risky, is not advisable no matter how good u r in it.

  9. #9
    Master Member vinayakm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by M.J View Post
    Yes. You r correct. There r full time traders. But I think that majority of them r having other sources of income. For example many full time traders do not just rely on what they earn from their own capital. But they try to become money managers so that they can earn more in the form of commissions. Some full time traders also earn by giving opinion on reputable financial websites.

    So the bottom line is that trading is not just "trading". You can take part in it in different ways. Having one income stream, which is also highly risky, is not advisable no matter how good u r in it.
    Yes! that is true. Anyone who makes money worth talking about has a highly diversified income stream.

  10. #10
    Veteran Member uj.forex's Avatar
    Trading is such a catchy thing that once you get your hands on it firmly, then even a highly paid job seems to be an opportunity cost for you.... Same happened with me, I used to work at a financial firm where I learned and practiced trading, soon after I started earning properly from it I quit my job and am currently an intra-day trader ... A couple of friends have joined me where we trade in a room, sharing our analysis and trades with each other...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
3