[NEW FEATURE] Live Signals on CT 2.0 I want to take a look now! Close
Open

Everything you need to know about trading stocks !!!

hi guys, new review by bogdan about stocks - read it! Including two tips on Apple and Google

Originally posted by Bogdan G. Click here for the full review.

Apple Overlook

The best tip I can give on Apple in 50 Words: Apple had their share of mistakes and defective products. Remember the iPhone problems with the antenna or the horrible blunder with their Maps app? Since they are a world leader in consumer electronics, all eyes are on them and even a small mistake can lead to a drop in share price.

Google Overlook

The best tip I can give on Google in 50 Words: Although Google is the world leader when it comes to search engines, any new developments coming from their direct competitors like Yahoo or Bing will affect Google’s stock price. Competitors are also looking to “steal” some of their employees and these transitions can be detrimental to their stock price. For example Marissa Mayer, Google’s Vice President of Search Products and User Experience left in July 2012 to become Yahoo’s CEO. Ouch, that’s a low blow.

M.J
    Very informative.
    This post removes many doubts from the minds of newbies. Usually newbies think that they can trade stocks just as they trade currencies or commodities.

About apple tip:- Apple has lost a little after gaining height. I think this retracement is natural and usually apple faces it. I am hopping that apple would continue its growth in future. There r a few concerns about its growth in this last quarter of the year. They may not be able to get high PE and most probably end up with lowest PE ratio of the year.

As far as Google is concerned. VP blow didnt have much impact on the price. A real blow to them was in october when a part of Q3 report was published. For now, I think google will be bullish in the month of december.

Wink Loved the idea of separating personal feeling of products from company's stock !!!

Quote Originally Posted by M.J View Post
    Very informative.
    This post removes many doubts from the minds of newbies. Usually newbies think that they can trade stocks just as they trade currencies or commodities.

About apple tip:- Apple has lost a little after gaining height. I think this retracement is natural and usually apple faces it. I am hopping that apple would continue its growth in future. There r a few concerns about its growth in this last quarter of the year. They may not be able to get high PE and most probably end up with lowest PE ratio of the year.

As far as Google is concerned. VP blow didnt have much impact on the price. A real blow to them was in october when a part of Q3 report was published. For now, I think google will be bullish in the month of december.
    I thought the intro to the post was a nice way of putting the whole thing to newbies.
    As for Apple, having both covered and traded on it myself the map fiasco was something that I would not have expected. Its affect on the stock was also something that I could not have foreseen. But it definitely makes sense as it was a case of lost market share for Apple that is otherwise driving innovation and expanding rapidly.

I think the move to make Marissa Mayer CEO by Yahoo was a bold one and it should do the company wonders. Mayer has already been instrumental in personnel changes (i.e. bringing in more talent from Google) and refocusing Yahoo to get back market share from Google and Bing.

There was a time i was trading stocks in US markets...Mostly Microcaps and pennies sometimes aswell.....Microcaps have real money in them if u trade them well..

Thank you very much M.J and Vinayakm. I tried to make it newbie friendly for them to understand some of the basics.
    Ammeo, I never traded microcaps or pennies so I have no idea about them, but i think that any instrument has the potential to make money if you know how to trade.

All the best, guys

@ M.J..

Talking about Apple, I believe their share price fell drastically because of 2 main reasons.... 1) The poor performance of their Maps that received huge criticism and Apple accepted that their maps were not that good and they were 'sorry' for that.... 2) The news that Foxconn in China was closed due to which manufacturing hurdles might show up... This really really impacted the stock price negatively... within 3 months, the stock price came down to $509 from $702 per share....

Quote Originally Posted by uj.forex View Post
    @ M.J..

Talking about Apple, I believe their share price fell drastically because of 2 main reasons.... 1) The poor performance of their Maps that received huge criticism and Apple accepted that their maps were not that good and they were 'sorry' for that.... 2) The news that Foxconn in China was closed due to which manufacturing hurdles might show up... This really really impacted the stock price negatively... within 3 months, the stock price came down to $509 from $702 per share....
    Your on point there. I've been reading your posts across the threads on this forum and I appreciate the accurate and timely updates!