Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What's the best time frames to use Heikin Ashi Strategy? !!!

hi guys, bogdan with another great review, this time the Hikin Ashi Candles, what do you think of this strategy, and what's the best time frames for binary options??

For the full review click here.
    Why do Heikin Ashi candles suck?

Sometimes, because they use averages in the calculation, Heikin Ashi candles can be a bit late, but this also keeps us from getting out too early so I donít really see it as a big disadvantage. One thing that bothered me when I first started using this type of candles was the fact that I couldnít see candlestick patterns like the Hikkake, the Shooting Star or any of the traditional patterns. I got used to it pretty quickly but maybe hardcore candlestick pattern users will find it bothersome. To avoid that, just use two charts, one with Heikin Ashi and another with traditional candlesticks. Problem solved!

Why Heikin Ashi candles donít suck?

Using this type of candlesticks is one of the best ways to smooth out price movement and eliminate some of the emotions in trading. As long as Heikin Ashi candles donít change color, you know your trade is going the right direction. Because the candles are interconnected through mathematical calculation, they offer a much clearer view of price action and are not just a standalone representation of price like traditional candlesticks. Another advantage is the fact that most charting packages already have Heikin Ashi as a default indicator so you donít have to look for them online.

Definitely a plus for noise reduction and clarifying the trends. I'd take them up as a supplement.

Quote Originally Posted by Grae View Post
    Definitely a plus for noise reduction and clarifying the trends. I'd take them up as a supplement.
    Exactly Grae, as a supplement, not as single trading signal. I cannot stress this enough: not a single trade should be taken relying on a SINGLE indication/signal. Always have confirmation from other tools.
    To answer Martin's question, Heikin Ashi can be used on any timeframe but I personally like to use them on 15 min.

All the best guys

M.J
    This is merely a modified form of standard candle sticks. Smoother and more readable form. It is not a system or signal type thing. This is just a tool to assist u in ur trading. With proper usage, u can benefit from this tool.

Quote Originally Posted by M.J View Post
    This is merely a modified form of standard candle sticks. Smoother and more readable form. It is not a system or signal type thing. This is just a tool to assist u in ur trading. With proper usage, u can benefit from this tool.
    Indeed M.J., this is not a strategy by itself, nor a system or a signal. It is just a tool that can complement your existing strategy or it can help you in other ways. Calls and Puts should not be bought based solely on Heikin Ashi Color change.

All the best

Quote Originally Posted by Grae View Post
    Heikin Ashi is being modified from candlestick. This technical indicator when use with other indicators would be very good. It does reduce noises but not much. I have been using the Kagi and 3-line break charts. Both of these charts can reduces much noises and can clarify the trends showing the main major direction of the trend. I have been using these charts since my junior trader days till now. Those of you who are interested can give a try using both of these charts. You can identify tren reversal, too with both of these charts.

Quote Originally Posted by willyw View Post
    Heikin Ashi is being modified from candlestick. This technical indicator when use with other indicators would be very good. It does reduce noises but not much. I have been using the Kagi and 3-line break charts. Both of these charts can reduces much noises and can clarify the trends showing the main major direction of the trend. I have been using these charts since my junior trader days till now. Those of you who are interested can give a try using both of these charts. You can identify tren reversal, too with both of these charts.
    That's very helpful willyw. I will surely try the Heikin Ashi Strategy!

I will definately be looking into this type of candle charting. Thanks for the heads up.

Hi, guys I have attach the kagi and 3-line break daily charts. Observe how the charts filter out the "noises" showing only the major trend. Hope this help you guys.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails eur-daily.jpgeur-kagi-d.jpgeur-3line-d.jpg

heikin ashi can be used with much more accuracy with price-based indicator, not time frame...