Thread: Advice

Advice !!!

Hello, everyone! Hopefully I am posting in the correct section of the forum and not violating any rules. :O

I am a sophomore in college in Boston that offers the only major in the country, Theatre Design & Technology. I love there program, I'm happy to be there, I love Boston. One major, inevitable issue is the tuition - it's really high. Luckily, my financial aid is at the max but it only covers half of the cost. So, I'm left to pay $18,000 per semester. In addition to what I can pay from my savings, my mother has been extremely supportive and gracious by using her 401k to pay for my tuition. So I don't use loans yet as she doesn't want to see me in debt. This is the last semester she will contribute (for which I am happy, don't want her to spend her savings on me anymore).
    As much as I can be employed while attending classes, I've been looking for passive income for the past year to cover at least a portion of my remaining tuition. Searching for the right scholarships has proven difficult along with the correct criteria. I can apply for government and private loans however I like that to be my last option.
    Then, I discovered binary options. Over the few months, I researched lots, looked up multiple platforms. I've noticed that majority of binary options signals are false. I registered with Nadex and did the demo account. I traded based on history and analysis. My success rate was basically 50%, a break even. I had college and work so I abandoned that for a while.
    Now, I'm back. Looking for ways other than binary options. I checked at Fidelity if they can have high returns by the end of each year, no success. (I did invest at Betterment for long term savings though). So I'm stuck at square one.

Currently, I'm just pondering on what I can do. Any advice for either binary options strategies, signals or other viable passive income or other ways to search scholarships would be gracious and respected. If the moderators deems this post to be irrelevant to the forum's mission, please remove it.

Thank you to anyone's assistance.

EDIT: I didn't put three exclamations in my title. Idk where that came from. I'm not that desperate. Haha
    Last edited by JTGsLife; 07-20-2017 at 02:28 AM.

hey JTG !

First of all, i think it's very risky to use binary options as a means to pay for your education. In the first years most traders lose more then they profit and it can hardly be called 'passive income' as you need to do a lot of charting and studying to become consistantly profitable.

Of course it is possible if you work hard, are careful with your money and don't give up! It's not only your money thats on the line but also your education in this case.

good luck !
    “The game of speculation is the most uniformly fascinating game in the world. But it is not a game for the stupid, the mentally lazy, the man of inferior emotional balance, or for the get-rich-quick adventurer. They will die poor.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ingmar View Post
    hey JTG !

First of all, i think it's very risky to use binary options as a means to pay for your education. In the first years most traders lose more then they profit and it can hardly be called 'passive income' as you need to do a lot of charting and studying to become consistantly profitable.

Of course it is possible if you work hard, are careful with your money and don't give up! It's not only your money thats on the line but also your education in this case.

good luck !
    I totally agree with this post - very well said.
    Trading not just BO, but trading generally is risky and it takes time to master a complex of skills that are crucial to being profitable.

The learning journey is a long process. It requires hard work and it takes time and so have to be patience. You need to get more experience and learning from mistakes. Dont rush!!!!
    Willy Twitter: Hidden Content

Hey there!
    "binary options strategies, signals or other viable passive income"
    Well, if you are calling trading and investing "passive income" you are already setting yourself up for failure.
    Any type of investment and specially trading requires vast knowledge and experience.
    No, no one here can give you a system, strategy or formula for quick cash and anyone on the internet promising that
    is just going to make money off of you, not for you.
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content

Hey welcome to Communitraders!

We're here to help you.