Rookie Member

sell to close or let it expire? !!!

Hi guys,

I'm fairly new at this...I bought (paper money) 10 SPX debit call spreads contracts. Today's they're in the money, but will be expire tomorrow. Do I need to sell them OR just let them expire?

In the past, I know when I SOLD contracts, I sometimes let them expire to realize the full return and not pay commission, but this time, I bought the vertical spread contracts (sold 10 and bought 10), so I'm a bit confused, as to what I should do to realize the MAX profit?

Thanks!

Call option above 2437 with targets at 2451 and 2455.00 in extension. Even though a continuation of the consolidation can’t be ruled out,its extent should be limited.

Supports and resistances:
    2460 resistance
    2455 resistance
    2451 resistance
    2444 Last
    2437 support
    2430 support
    2419 support

http://prntscr.com/fvm353
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_1.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	7323

@ Dillerium

Don't spam the forum with links.

Never trust your money to a broker at all. Trade yourself. Letting brokers run your money is the same as letting a politician vote for you on another candidate.
    Last edited by SeasaltMcFish; 07-16-2017 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oprookie View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm fairly new at this...I bought (paper money) 10 SPX debit call spreads contracts. Today's they're in the money, but will be expire tomorrow. Do I need to sell them OR just let them expire?

In the past, I know when I SOLD contracts, I sometimes let them expire to realize the full return and not pay commission, but this time, I bought the vertical spread contracts (sold 10 and bought 10), so I'm a bit confused, as to what I should do to realize the MAX profit?

Thanks!
    Let it expires
    Willy Twitter: Hidden Content

Rookie Member
    Close that now1

Closing early cost too much money.

You simply don't get payed enough to close early. It nearly always will be a move that in the end will cost you more money than letting it expire. You may lose a trade, but it only have to end as a winner only once in a lot of times top make it profitable or less costly in the long run.

Yes let it expire will earn you more ITM, the payout will be more, in full
    Willy Twitter: Hidden Content