Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

CommuniTraders Demo Platform is Closing! !!!

This Forum has been an amazing story that couldn’t have happened without you all. The entire BOTS team and I thank you for that!
    However, the time has come to close an important chapter in our book – and no, we are not closing down the Forums, but we have to put an end to the CommuniTraders Demo Platform.

After about 3 years, multiple versions and a lot of hard work, we’ve decided that it’s time to shut down the trading platform. We’ve started from scratch and managed to build a complete demo trading platform at a time when brokers were giving you the stink eye if you would ask for a Demo account. Thousands of trades were shared and I hope we’ve helped newbies get their feet wet in Binary Options without having to risk any money.

But enough back patting! The trading platform is shutting down and I want to let you know some of the reasons why that is happening:

Our member count has gone up, way up. This is definitely a great thing, but more members means more trades on the platform, hence we need more server power. Now if you’ve noticed, everything we offer you is free, so we simply cannot afford more costs just to keep the platform going.

Almost all brokers offer a Demo account nowadays. When we started the CommuniTraders platform, you couldn’t get a Demo anywhere, so everybody needed a place to practice. That’s not the case anymore and getting a demo is very easy. Just go to one of our approved brokers (like Ayrex or HighLow) or any other broker and ask for a demo.

Bugs and issues. Our team is small, spammers are constantly bombarding our Forums and on top of that, the CommuniTraders platform needs constant “pampering”. Sometimes it takes up to 5 days to fix something and that is not fair to you, our users.
    Changes in the trading environment. The simple Up/Down options are constantly changing, brokers are always changing the option styles they offer and we just can’t keep up because that would require a serious overhaul of the platform.

Our forum and community are greater than the trading platform and I think we need to focus more on bringing you better content and trading guidance that’s more concrete, more actionable. We’re preparing a few changes and surprises, so stay tuned because the CommuniTraders story is far from over and you are the ones that will help us write it.

Cheers to all!
    “Don't believe anything you read on the net. Except this. Well, including this, I suppose.” ― Douglas Adams

The King is dead, long live The King! ...or to be more sexy : Le roi est mort, vive le roi! Hahaha

One chapter closes, another one opens. Good things are coming!
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein (attributed)

3. Thanks Kolyo, Ronnel thanked this post
    I think it was due and a well deserved retirement :-)
    “The game of speculation is the most uniformly fascinating game in the world. But it is not a game for the stupid, the mentally lazy, the man of inferior emotional balance, or for the get-rich-quick adventurer. They will die poor.”

I am fully in agreement with Martin!

We are much more than CT demo platform and our community is growing bigger and bigger that's why we need more focus to take care of our members and to help them succeed. We are not an IT tech company or signal service provider, we are not a robot service, we are not a simple demo platform. We are Community with aspired traders from all over the globe with the same goals and same principles to help each other and to grow together in our trading experience.
    The CT demo platform helped a lot in this respect, but it was only a tool for our greater goals. Now as Martin said, there are many brokers offering their advanced Demo trading platforms for free, there are many external sites like TradingView, Finviz and more and more offering free charting packages as well. We are not able to compete with them in terms of functionality, speed and number of offered instruments. Martin is also right that the landscape of binary options platforms and types of contracts provided is changing every day. This is a big improvements from the times when we started building CT.
    Back than I remember contacting some brokers for my regular FAQ chats and 90% of them told me cold and direct that they don't offer free demo, even a paid one for their clients! How strange this looks now? They told me as well that trading on demo is not helpful and reliable and I have to immediately open real account and start trading real money. We all know that trading on demo at the initial stages of trader's career is crucial step for developing strategies and skills necessary later on. Test-Driving a given platform is a must do step before selecting your preferred broker. Now all reputable brokers, or almost all of them have demo accounts for their clients or even free with a fake registration. That's why we are not going to compete with brokers, because we know there are many wonderful trading platforms out there. We are going to focus in our strengths and our best skill set, which is education, fraud prevention and community building. We will become stronger and larger community with more resources dedicated to help you find your way and grow as a trader!

PS Stay tuned for the surprises we are preparing for you
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder

I would like to say "thank you for all your efforts guys, you doing great job and even I can say you are changing people life, what I know now about trading, that's only THANKS for you"!!!!!

Although I have not been using the platform a lot, it's a logical decision and think it's good for the forum and school.

It creates more time for the team to make the site even better, so it will pay out.

It has been a great feature, but has become obsolete now, job done, time to rest in peace

Looking forward to the new articles and I want to say thanks to those who have been investing som much time in CT to help traders for free.

Thumbs up!

I'd like CT.It was my favorite trading platform in the forum. My favorite room also. I share daily, weekly and monthly trading tips. I also explained why I was traded call/put options entry/exit points and potential targets.

As it was written before three years ago there wasn't free demo account offered by the brokers.It is available demo account whatever broker.I can say I had a nice memories about CT demo account in the forum. I was followed by many traders who copied my trades with higher success rate.

CT demo account was helped to me to create 15TF expiry trading the news strategy and H1 charts analysis time frame expiry. I was used this platform to test trading assets in Asian, European and the North American markets(US and Canada)

CT goes to history. Show must go on.

Cheers

Milos

It's a sad day but one coming for a long time. The CT platform has been a great learning experience but as Martin says, it does not mimic the average brokers platform very well. Now we need to start focusing on the types of trading available with the different tech providers to stay up to date on all the new advances...

Rookie Member
    Being a new member I feel like I missed out on a really great learning tool with this shutting down, but I will remain optimistic that I will still learn everything I need to know wealth of knowledge available in the forums.

That is sad to hear but I would like to thank you guys. I've definitely learned quite a bit.