Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Minimalist Trading !!!

Hi All!

I'm starting my own trading journal to keep me accountable and disciplined with my trades.

My journey so far.

I got into binary options back in November 2015. I was drawn by the promise of riches for minimal work. My plan was to learn as much as I can for 6 months, then live the rest of my life as a rich man. The perfect plan!

So I did what most newbies do. I studied the basics of binary options. I learned the terms. I learned about indicators. I read about proper mindset. Once I knew enough to understand what people were talking about, I tried a system. It failed. I tried another system. It failed again. One more system. One more failure. I was like a dog chasing its tail.

I'm sure you've seen this before. Newbie thinks he can make millions from trading. Newbie ends up wasting time and money looking for the holy grail. Welcome to trading.

So I decided to abandon the systems. I only used indicators that made sense to me. Finally, I was enlightened. I had some success. Good! Millions here we come...

Or so I thought. I crashed and burned. Apparently, systems weren't my only problem. Hello proper mindset. I honestly thought you were just a cliche traders throw around. After all, who needs proper mindset if you can hit 60%+ right?

Seriously, this trading thing is hard. I'm wrong most of the time. I can't do anything to change the outcome. I'm at the mercy of these numbers on a screen. When I get some form of success, I blow it all away with a string of bad trades. Such a vicious cycle. So I quit.

I left trading alone. I couldn't handle the stress anymore. I focused on other work. I learned about minimalism. I enjoyed life.

But deep down, I miss trading. I miss placing a trade and seeing the market move in my favour. I miss the gut-churning feeling of winning by 1 pip. I miss hitting a series of wins. I even miss losing a trade. The dopamine is calling me back.

So here I am. Back for one last round. Hopefully, I've grown wiser during my time away from trading.

Minimalist Trading

I decided to call my diary 'minimalist trading' because it embodies my new philosophy in life. The idea behind minimalism is to buy only what you need in life. It runs contrary to the consumerism embraced by our society.

We are able to focus better on our experiences and relationships when we have less possessions to worry about. This leads to happiness and freedom.

I intend to replicate this in my trading life. I hope to have a better trading journey by focusing on less.

My Plan

Initially, I will use Ichimoku, Volumes, and RSI. I will eventually do naked trading. I will focus on EURUSD. I will trade for 2-3 hours during early Asia or late US depending on my availability.

I will post all my trades here. Hopefully, the embarrassment of posting so many losing trades will help me stay disciplined.

That's it for now. I look forward to learning from all of you!

TLDR; I suck at trading. I hope to suck less by using less indicators, focusing on EURUSD, and trading for 2-3 hours only. Hence, minimalist trading.

HI Anci,
    to excel in trading not only you must a good mindset and also cannot let your emotions control you and also greed. Patience also play an important part. In trading you need to get more experience, you need to study, learn and explore and also the guts.
    Willy Twitter: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by willyw View Post
    HI Anci,
    to excel in trading not only you must a good mindset and also cannot let your emotions control you and also greed. Patience also play an important part. In trading you need to get more experience, you need to study, learn and explore and also the guts.
    Thanks for the tips willyw! I agree with you 100%.

Hey Anci, Great to see you started a Trading Diary!

Posting your trades here will help you a lot in finding what you did right or wrong and keeping track of your progress! Keeping trading as simple as possible and at minimum amount of trades is very very wise especially if you are not a seasoned trader. We all started with false believes that trading is an easy job, actually it isn't but if you learn and went true the hard time and the learning period you will be rewarded greatly.
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder

Hey good to have you here in the members war room!

Don't forget to check out some other trading diaries. Personally, I believe that the less amount of time you spend on indicators
    the more time you will have to actually learn what the candlesticks are saying/doing and the more successful you can become.
    Of course it's hard work and takes time, trial and error. Anyway, check out some other diaries to get some ideas but like you said, it's a good
    idea to focus on one asset to being with! Also, even if you pick an indicator, just start with one, focus on one first. We have an amazing
    thread by Ronnel about Advance-Ichimoku-Kinko-Hyo-J-Style

Check that out!
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content

Hello Anci!

Welcome to Communitarders! You did make a great trading plan. Its nice o be here. You can create your own trading diary.

Happy trading!

Milos

Quote Originally Posted by Kolyo View Post
    Hey Anci, Great to see you started a Trading Diary!

Posting your trades here will help you a lot in finding what you did right or wrong and keeping track of your progress! Keeping trading as simple as possible and at minimum amount of trades is very very wise especially if you are not a seasoned trader. We all started with false believes that trading is an easy job, actually it isn't but if you learn and went true the hard time and the learning period you will be rewarded greatly.
    Thank you for the kind words Kolyo. I look forward to learning from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Okane View Post
    Hey good to have you here in the members war room!

Don't forget to check out some other trading diaries. Personally, I believe that the less amount of time you spend on indicators
    the more time you will have to actually learn what the candlesticks are saying/doing and the more successful you can become.
    Of course it's hard work and takes time, trial and error. Anyway, check out some other diaries to get some ideas but like you said, it's a good
    idea to focus on one asset to being with! Also, even if you pick an indicator, just start with one, focus on one first. We have an amazing
    thread by Ronnel about Advance-Ichimoku-Kinko-Hyo-J-Style

Check that out!
    It's been a while since I read trading diaries. I used to get a ton of information by reading them. I will definitely check them out again.

Ah Ronnel's ichimoku thread. I remember reading that a lot last year. Thanks for the link! I really need to refresh my knowledge.

Thanks Okane! I look forward to learning a lot from you.

Quote Originally Posted by milos View Post
    Hello Anci!

Welcome to Communitarders! You did make a great trading plan. Its nice o be here. You can create your own trading diary.

Happy trading!

Milos
    Thanks Milos! Looking forward to sharing my experience and learning from everyone.

Welcome Anci, great start with your diary. Curious to see more from you! :-)
    “The game of speculation is the most uniformly fascinating game in the world. But it is not a game for the stupid, the mentally lazy, the man of inferior emotional balance, or for the get-rich-quick adventurer. They will die poor.”