Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    This is a great diary! I love your first posts and your discussion on how you plan to take signals etc. Really top notch.

2. Thanks vasconf77 thanked this post
    Hey Vascon!

Nice to see you started your own diary. And I see you are either a FC Porto fan or a FC Barcelona fan (because of the Deco shirt), that's cool. I'm a football fan too, but I'm fan of a small dutch club SC Heerenveen, perhaps you've heard of them?

Anyway, nice introduction to your diary. I like how you explained your way of trading. I think it's a good way, it's how lots of people are trading here, including me. One tip: I see you have a lot of horizontal lines on your chart. You might get distracted by drawing so many horizontal lines, especially if you draw them all pretty close to eachother. But of course it's up to you.

I also see your trading with Binary.com. I'm trading there as well and I like them. Lot's of possibilities with them. You can almost trade every asset with every expiry time you want!

I'm looking forward to see some trades from you!
    "You think I ain't worth a dollar, but I feel like a millionaire!" - Queens of the stone Age

4. Thanks vasconf77 thanked this post
    ---------------
    NOTE: Something very wrong happened with my previous post edits. They were gone! Luckily, after the first mistake, I copied into notepad the text to reproduce it here. If a moderator of the forum has the chance, I would ask to move this post to top, otherwise the thread starts a little bit messed up (my fault, sorry!)
    ---------------

POST #1

Hi all.

This thread will be my trading diary.
    A topic introduction of my journey into B.O. (sorry if it is a bit long):

- During 2016 I took a sabbatical year, exploring lots of stuff, both personally and professionally;
    - Around July of that year, I came across some advertisements of a broker (IQ Option), they had drawn my attention, and I started searching for info. I had already heard about Forex, but not B.O.;
    - Taking a quick look on those "famous" 60 seconds strategies all over internet, I found it very easy;
    - It was not! I invested few hundred euros, to loose them all to stupid 60s and Martingale. I was even aware of the Red/Black Roulette Gambling, thought we would have an edge by applying some "technical" analysis;
    - As old people say: "What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger". At that time, despite of the loss, I still found Binary Options highly appealing and worth to dig more info.
    - Around November 2016, I found BOTS forum and CommuniTraders. It really started there my education regarding this area, today I have no doubt about it, even considering all material I read before that moment.
    - I continued with my education, here mainly, reading everything in school and performing corresponding exams, studying indicators and strategies and how they work, paying particular attention to other's trading diaries (both novices and old members, truly believe we can benefit from all, with the proper filter). In parallel, I've been practising in trading sessions on a virtual account, but trying to apply principles of what I've learned: with the proper focus, on a specific time table chosen, like if it was real.
    - Nevertheless, I feel that consistency will only come with accountability, and if it is obvious that the major part of the accountability is with myself, there is this clear learning (coming from here but also from life) that accountability works better if you have to show/share your progress with others. This is the main trigger to start this Trading Diary.

Hope to get feedback, specially in those tricky OTM

POST #2

For those that will follow my diary, here it goes a template picture of my trading setup:

https://prnt.sc/fj09tf

EMA's:
    golden - 99
    blue - 200

Stochastic(5,3,3):
    green - stochastic line
    red - signal line

Horizontal dashes lines (support/resistance lines):
    Brown - taken from W1/D1 charts
    Blue - taken from H4 charts
    Orange - taken from H1/M30 charts
    Green - special values (round figures, or those famous 42 or 420 in EUR/USD)

When they come up, I draw my trends in thin solid red lines.
    Last edited by vasconf77; 06-13-2017 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hodges View Post
    This is a great diary! I love your first posts and your discussion on how you plan to take signals etc. Really top notch.
    Thanks Michael. Regarding signals, I am clearly going for Price Action as basis, with this setup helping me and giving side confirmations. Okane's school

Quote Originally Posted by vasconf77 View Post
    Thanks Michael. Regarding signals, I am clearly going for Price Action as basis, with this setup helping me and giving side confirmations. Okane's school
    Hey this a good diary! You can check out our Group Diary too since you are in my Skype group already
    it can be helpful to look back on trades we have taken together in the group and learn from them.
    Also, many others in the Members War Room are group members so it's helpful to read their diaries like
    Anno, Ingmar, Gary, Mike and many many other good students! You will pick up some good techniques.
    Sometimes it's also easier to learn from a fellow student because they might mention something that
    I would think it was too obvious to mention lol. Or maybe they explain it better . Anyway, moral of story is; growing
    together is much better than going alone. Welcome onboard.
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content

8. Thanks vasconf77 thanked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Annovdbos View Post
    Hey Vascon!

Nice to see you started your own diary. And I see you are either a FC Porto fan or a FC Barcelona fan (because of the Deco shirt), that's cool. I'm a football fan too, but I'm fan of a small dutch club SC Heerenveen, perhaps you've heard of them?

Anyway, nice introduction to your diary. I like how you explained your way of trading. I think it's a good way, it's how lots of people are trading here, including me. One tip: I see you have a lot of horizontal lines on your chart. You might get distracted by drawing so many horizontal lines, especially if you draw them all pretty close to eachother. But of course it's up to you.

I also see your trading with Binary.com. I'm trading there as well and I like them. Lot's of possibilities with them. You can almost trade every asset with every expiry time you want!

I'm looking forward to see some trades from you!
    Yeah, it's from FC Porto! I know Heerenveen, you're not small, you're more or less regulars on UEFA competitions.

Regarding trading, the setup is totally inspired by Okane's style, all credit there. I posted mostly for colour setup reference, in the event I miss explaining something later on.

Regarding your tip about too many horizontal lines, I agree with you! They are too many. Two reasons for that:
    - Noob style, seems that every couple of bounces are creating a new support / resistance...
    - Adding to the previous one, a very agitated week (imo) on EUR/USD. I don't have other pairs this much flooded with lines.

What I am implementing recently is at the beginning of a new trading session, i'll go over the weaker ones (orange, and also the green ones) and check if they make sense to stay or not, and clear a bit the area.

10. Thanks Okane thanked this post
    First two trades from diary. They are from yesterday, both on USD/CHF.

M5 chart for both

First one is a bounce on a support line. Reasons to enter:

- Support was actively holding the price, with 3 very recent bounces;
    - Just when I was analysing, a divergence formed between price and stochastic (red lines), giving me stronger confidence that if price hits again support, it will bounce, not break;
    - Stochastic was oversold only on H1, but by the time the price reached the support line, was also on M1 and very close on M5 (just went out);

Taking into account previous bounces, I decided for 20m expiry.
    I went to M1 chart, and waited for the touch.

Almost always well ITM, only a brief hesitation at the beginning. Broker Result.
    Self post-analysis: Going against major trend is always hard decision, should be made with particular care. Nevertheless, had 2 strong signals to enter.

Second one was taken from the natural trend line that was being formed by the EMA 99. How beautifully the price was going there and down! Reasons to enter:

- Trend is your friend: Major trend and minor trend, both down.
    - Price forming the next lower high. Trend/resistance line imposed by 5M chart EMA(99).
    - M1 and M5 overbought;

It ended well ITM.
    M1 chart and Broker Result.

Self post-analysis: Problem here was that I didn't act when I should, and price came down. I ended entering too late, and I only did because of exceptionally similar behaviour of the pair by looking at M5 chart, that gave me confidence that price would be dropping further, looking again at least for the support line. I reduced expiry accordingly to 15m. Other than that, was a sweet trade, with very high confidence.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20170612_1151_USDCHF_M5.jpg  
    Last edited by vasconf77; 06-13-2017 at 09:56 AM.

Nice trading results and charts analysis. Keep update us.

13. Thanks vasconf77 thanked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by vasconf77 View Post
    Yeah, it's from FC Porto! I know Heerenveen, you're not small, you're more or less regulars on UEFA competitions.

Regarding trading, the setup is totally inspired by Okane's style, all credit there. I posted mostly for colour setup reference, in the event I miss explaining something later on.

Regarding your tip about too many horizontal lines, I agree with you! They are too many. Two reasons for that:
    - Noob style, seems that every couple of bounces are creating a new support / resistance...
    - Adding to the previous one, a very agitated week (imo) on EUR/USD. I don't have other pairs this much flooded with lines.

What I am implementing recently is at the beginning of a new trading session, i'll go over the weaker ones (orange, and also the green ones) and check if they make sense to stay or not, and clear a bit the area.
    Haha well we haven't been since 2008 I believe. Sadly the results are very mediocre lately..

Well yeah, it takes time as well to find out which S/R lines matter and which matter less. But I thought I'd point that out, maybe it will speed up the learning process a little. Ah yes, that's good. What you also can do on MT4 is make some lines visible on particular timeframes. That's what I do as well sometimes. I make like the monthly, weekly and daily lines only visible on those timeframes for example. Because for example a daily S/R line isn't that accurate on the M5 timeframe. You'd have to adjust the line to more recent price action on M5.

About you trades, very good! I really like your trades. Very carefully and critically analyzed and nice spotting of the divergence. Also you've waited patiently for the right entry on that first trade. On the second trade I was going to comment that you're entry was a bit late there, but you already realized that yourself. This is very good trading, keep it up!
    "You think I ain't worth a dollar, but I feel like a millionaire!" - Queens of the stone Age

Good session today and good talking to you on Skype.
    Keep posting and welcome onboard
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content