Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

CySEC Head Demetra Kalogerou: We May Consider Banning Binary Options !!!

CySEC Head Demetra Kalogerou: We May Consider Banning Binary Options

https://www.financemagnates.com/fore...inary-options/

What do you think?

eventually, it's all about money. and there's money in binary options, I mean if there weren't, why would CySEC's head be talking about this subject so much.... But that's a clear warning to brokers who are not yet complying: comply, and as fast as you can.
    “Don't believe anything you read on the net. Except this. Well, including this, I suppose.” ― Douglas Adams

There are too many unregulated brokers and scammers in the market. The authorities should take action
    Willy Twitter: Hidden Content

Well, they are making good money regulating and fining some of these brokers.
    I don't see a reason why someone would ban their source of income lol.
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content

Brokers must be regulated.

Quote Originally Posted by Okane View Post
    Well, they are making good money regulating and fining some of these brokers.
    I don't see a reason why someone would ban their source of income lol.

I also don't see any reason for full ban of binary options from CySEC. This is something weird from Demetra Kalogerou and I am 100% sure it won't happen. Binary industry is a big industry, not as big as Forex and CFD but very close to it. It needs regulations and ensuring traders they have safe brokers to trade with. If it is banned we will return back 5 years from now and no body will feel safe. The problem here is not that binary options are allowed to traders. They should be allowed like trading Stocks, ETF, forex and on and on. The problem here is the misleading education from many scammers online, unfair and misleading offers from some shady brokers. These are the big problems.

Do you think Forex trading with 100:1 leverage is appropriate for non-professional traders? No way, but all brokers including all regulated in EU, the most respected ones offer such killing leverage, even higher than that and no regulator is saying they will ban leveraged trading!

I am betting here that there is a hidden war between forex/cfd brokers and binary options brokers. Because most of the binary options trading is situated outside of the hands of the big forex players. They want badly to take it in their hands by making the major BO brokers un-regulated, banned and than to re-brand this product under their own umbrella. I am sure they are lobbing for this cause in front of the regulators, but my believe is that the binary industry is mature enough and is prepared to respond properly and to defend their positions.
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder

There's no way they'll ban it, that would put us back in the dark ages of rampant fraud where all the brokers were unregulated, hidden behind the Internet, using bonuses and robots to steal money without anyone doing anything about it. Having them legal is the only way to control it, hard as it has been for them to get things regulated.

I agree with Micheal. There is no way they will ban Binary Options but probably they might implement stricter and tighten the rules for Binary Oprion brokers
    Willy Twitter: Hidden Content

This year will be hard for binary options industry. I understand that brokers must be regulated by the law. It needs to be separated bad/good brokers and clear this industry.

CySEC - formed in 2001.
    "help it establish itself as a trustworthy regulator" - speech in 2017.

What the heck have they been doing all this time?