Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Just sold SPX trade (US 500) at $345.00 profit. That's four out of five so far.

And I just sold oil at $225.

That makes 5 for 5 this week on profits, I took profit early on all five trades so not as much wins as possible but all wins.

total profit this week is 1353 - $100 in commissions. My running total is now $691 in profit net of commissions.

3. Thanks Chad thanked this post
    You know, I could have made more money on some of my trades this week... but I also could have lost some too, instead I took profits when I saw them and I am happy with it. On to next week.

I just closed two trades for the week, gold and the eur/usd. Gold profited 190, the euro 365. both were in the money but with gdp release due out I didn't want to risk profit. the jpy and oil trades are both busts with a total loss in the range of $600. The SPX is still in the wind.....

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hodges View Post
    I just closed two trades for the week, gold and the eur/usd. Gold profited 190, the euro 365. both were in the money but with gdp release due out I didn't want to risk profit. the jpy and oil trades are both busts with a total loss in the range of $600. The SPX is still in the wind.....
    Wow that SPX trade came right down to the wire but did in fact close in the money for max profit, $475.00.

results for the week are 3 wins out of 5 for a weekly profit of $430 or $350 net of commissions.

Running total is now $1041 in profits net of commissions.

This week's tips,

TIPS FROM THE GEEK,

In my Communitraders trading diary of course!

And equally of course, always come back here for the weekly updates on how the trades are turning out.

The market reacted a little strongly to the NFP I thought, the forex market that is, the dollar gained a lot of strength but I think it is likely a knee jerk reaction and an entry point for new positions next week.

I was lucky and closed the eur/usd trade this morning early at a profit of $320.50. The SPX trade is in the money and making a little, looks like it will close in the money so i'm going to leave it for now. The oil, jpy and gold trades all tanked... should have sold those when I had the chance. A little profit is better than a big loss, more updates once the SPX is closed.

Thanks for update Michael. One question about Nadex trading account:

Is it possible to sell option before expiry if you're in ITM? I mean if you're in the money or profit zone and want to close trade before expiry?

Hey Milos, I can give you answer, yes of course, even the strike price still did't reach your target but you are alredy ITM, you can sell your conntract. That's the beuty of Nadex(my opinion)...

11. Thanks Michael Hodges thanked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by milos View Post
    Thanks for update Michael. One question about Nadex trading account:

Is it possible to sell option before expiry if you're in ITM? I mean if you're in the money or profit zone and want to close trade before expiry?
    Yes Milos, at NADEX you can sell or buy at anytime if you have a profit or a loss, the only thing that limits you is the market, market pressure, market prices and the price you want to sell at. You can use a market order and take the price offered by the market at the time or you can use a limit to set a price and if the market accepts it or moves to it you get a fill.

Davyichi makes a great point too. You can buy an option, the asset price can move enough to make you money but not go in the money and you can sell it at a profit. I should have done that this week with my oil trade, it was an deep otm position that made a little coin mid week but I waited too long and ended up losing the position.