Thread: Forex market

Forex market !!!

How long do Forex traders usually keep their orders open for?

First you have to keep in mind that binary options are fixed expiry products. That mean when you start a given option you know exactly how long the "position" will be on. This is not the same with spot forex where you decide when to exit. At first it may seems more restricted but if you think more in depth you will see that trading with fixed expiry helps avoid many psychological issues like early take profit or prolonged keeping losing positions. There's no such problem when trading binaries
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder

Thanks Kolyo, am really impress by your words, at first it may seems more restricted but if you think more in depth you will see that trading with fixed expiry helps avoid many psychological issues like early take profit or prolonged keeping losing positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Freddieclerk View Post
    How long do Forex traders usually keep their orders open for?
    It depends what kind of traders, scalper, swing trader, day trader or position traders. Could be from a few minutes to weeks or months. When I trade forex I keep my positions for weeks

Its binary options forum.

Quote Originally Posted by milos View Post
    Its binary options forum.
    It seems forex traders have lost their way and came in to our Binary Options forum

Haha true I believe many forex traders will realize soon that trading binary options is safer and easier than dealing with leverage, SL/TP and so many other variables which can only destroy your account!
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder

Willy gave you a good answer. It depends what kind of trader you are.
    Some take one trade per month and keep it for several weeks.
    Others trade intraday etc.
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content

Traders visit forum and read useful topic. They learn something else. Reading the comments they understand and find out different between forex trading and binary options trading.