Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rookie Member

Pleased to be here! !!!

Hey All,

Looking forward to learn and share with everyone here.

I recently began trading Binary Options (late February) with the goal of becoming a full time trader. My wife is pregnant and is due in September. I want to be able to not only provide for our family, but also spend as much time with them as possible. I know success in binary options can get me there.

I feel that I've learned some valuable lessons already, through both success (winning streaks) and even more from failure (emotional trading, breaking my personal trading rules, blown accounts).

I look forward to the journey that I'm choosing to share with this community. Thank you in advance for your support and I hope to be able to pay it forward to others who need it.

Tristan (New York, NY)

Hey Trotan,

Welcome here! I hope you'll learn more valuable lessons from the community members. Trading with a baby on board can be stressful but it can also be good that you will have much more time with your family if you work from home. Keep in mind that learning process in trading is slow and long time is needed before you have confidence in your skills. Thus it will be great to backup your plans for full time trading with other part time or work from home job. This way you will be much more comfortable with your life

Cheers!
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder

Warm welcome Tristan,you in the right place!

Hi Trotan! You're most welcome here, I wish you a lot of success and a profitable beginning. Just make sure that you have other incomes besides trading especially in your situation with a baby to arrive soon. Trading can bring you a lot of profit, but it is not a stable job.

Hey welcome!
    Becoming a full-timer is gonna take time! Took me about 2 years but as Dan21 says, make sure you got other incomes.
    Personally I invest in real estate too, been doing that since 2008.
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content

Rookie Member
    Wow! Thank you all for the welcomes, advice, and concerns. Not to worry! I should have specified, in the long run, I'd like to transition from my current full time job to full time trading.

The first simple but challenging step will be maintaining an account and building it up steadily.

welcome Trotan, i'm trading daily as well with an 18 old month son pulling my pants :-) It's doable and you'll love the time with your kid.

My wife works parttime with a nice income so i feel less pressure because of that when trading. I learned the BIG NoNo of Martingale as well, the hard way. (although i never blew my account, i usually chickened out at the 4th step of martingale.) My broker gave me trading strategies as well, they all failed miserably in the long run (like everyone else) and off course the broker always found a reason why it failed and why i should not have taken those particular trades. (they only mention this after your loss usually :-/ )

My advice, brokers don't care about your family, so if you want to provide for them when trading, don't depend on your broker(s) for education or trading advice.

Good luck on your trading journey !

Actually some brokers have pretty decent trading education, but yes, you should never follow signals from your broker.

absolutely not, you should never follow a brokers signals. it is a total conflict of interest and something the regulators are beginning to crack down on. Otherwise,

Welcome aboard! glad to have you with us!

where are you trading, Tristan? what's your broker? NADEX?