Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Stockpair EUR/JPY - Did not report 119.346 between 12:51-12:52 GMT !!!

So on trade.com, investing.com and 24option.com it is reported 119.346 but on stockpair it is showing 119.354 !!!

Can someone please explain this to me? Surely it should be accurate when trading to 0.001

This is the response from their support chat:

Please wait. A representative will be with you shortly.
    Anna Evans says:
    Hello Ajaz. My name is Anna Evans how can I help you?
    Ajaz says:
    Hi Ann, I hope you are well
    Anna Evans says:
    Hello, yes thank you .
    Anna Evans says:
    How can i help you?
    Ajaz says:
    EUR/JPY between 12:51 - 12:52 PM (GMT) today hit a low of 119.346 according to investing.com, trade.com and 24option.com
    Ajaz says:
    I want to know why stockpair has not recorded this!
    Ajaz says:
    Stockpair reported 119.354 !!
    Anna Evans says:
    Can i please have your email address
    Ajaz says:
    aj*******@gmail****
    Anna Evans says:
    Thank you, one moment please
    Anna Evans says:
    Kindly note that you may encounter a slight difference in prices between platforms, and that would depends on each provider.
    Anna Evans says:
    I will inform your account manager to contact you
    Ajaz says:
    slight difference i would accept 0.001/2
    Ajaz says:
    but 0.008 is a big difference, no?
    Anna Evans says:
    Sir, on our platform you open the position 119.29000 the position expired 119.32500 with +0.029% up
    Anna Evans says:
    I will inform your account manager to contact you Sir
    Ajaz says:
    It is not expired, it is open still. but i am asking about the calibration of your platform - is it acceptable to expect 0.009 difference in your platform calibration?
    Ajaz says:
    that is my question
    Anna Evans says:
    As I mention above prices may differ slightly from one platform to another.
    Anna Evans says:
    You need to also take into consideration your internet speed, and if you may have any anti virus software atached.
    Anna Evans says:
    That may slow your computer, thus you see the slight difference in prices at times..
    Ajaz says:
    my internet speed might cause glitches - but the chart is recorded and stored on your systems, not mine
    Ajaz says:
    I will continue to monitor it
    Ajaz says:
    thanks

forex prices are very volatile and trade on hundreds of exchanges and electronic platforms around the world. Each broker used a different feed for prices, and then uses an aggregate method to combine a sort of average price from a few sources, and then uses that as their basis for pricing on the trading platform. Also, option prices displayed on the platform are not neccesarly exactly as shown on the top forex feeds because they sell you options at a strike close to but not quite the same as the price right now, it's one way they hedge themselves to cover potential losses.

It sucks to lose, and I'm not saying they didn't do something fishy because I don't know 100% for sure, but sometimes it happens. And .009 pips isn't really a lot of spread, someone could sneeze in Japan and cause the market to move that much in a blink of an eye. I'd try to target stronger signals with bigger moves to help ensure this kind of thing doesn't happen again.

4. Thanks LondonGeezer thanked this post
    I guess you're right, .009 isn't such a big deal when you put it like that - I was more annoyed at the fact 3 other platforms reported it and stockpair failed to. Just made me think where else have I missed out but you're right, target stronger signals and avoid this issue when doing binary.. but i was on a CFD trade so .009 made about £1 difference to the payout.

Quote Originally Posted by LondonGeezer View Post
    I guess you're right, .009 isn't such a big deal when you put it like that - I was more annoyed at the fact 3 other platforms reported it and stockpair failed to. Just made me think where else have I missed out but you're right, target stronger signals and avoid this issue when doing binary.. but i was on a CFD trade so .009 made about £1 difference to the payout.
    Nothing strange.
    Read my answer in this thread:
    http://forums.binaryoptionsthatsuck....d-broker-chart

Once in a while we get this question
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content

Its only 9 points spread. Not bad.

poe
    well ...

0.009 are 19 pips ! and tahts a hugeeeeeeeeee difference |!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-03-30 at 16.39.40.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	18.8 KB 
ID:	6891

as u can see it differs by .00007 pippettes which is the same of 0.7 pips or 7 points !

but u are talking about something outrageous here !
    "He who makes a BEAST of himself, gets rid the pain of being a MAN" S.J

Quote Originally Posted by poe View Post
    well ...

0.009 are 19 pips ! and tahts a hugeeeeeeeeee difference |!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-03-30 at 16.39.40.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	18.8 KB 
ID:	6891

as u can see it differs by .00007 pippettes which is the same of 0.7 pips or 7 points !

but u are talking about something outrageous here !
    NOOO, it's not much at all.
    It's EUR JPY not EURUSD. Look:

(119.354 vs 119.346) take that divided by 100 and you get similar decimals as for EUR USD now we can compare:

It's just a few pipettes, 8 pipettes to be exact, which means not even 1 pip in difference.

PS, it's easier if you plot two lines on your EUR JPY with those numbers and look at M1 chart, it's barely any difference
    Last edited by Okane; 03-30-2017 at 03:58 PM.
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content

poe
    Quote Originally Posted by Okane View Post
    NOOO, it's not much at all.
    It's EUR JPY not EURUSD. Look:

(119.354 vs 119.346) take that divided by 100 and you get similar decimals as for EUR USD now we can compare:

It's just a few pipettes, 8 pipettes to be exact, which means not even 1 pip in difference.

PS, it's easier if you plot two lines on your EUR JPY with those numbers and look at M1 chart, it's barely any difference
    then its ok boss ! thing is he presented as .009 <- didnt think in front of the come there were 3 more numbers :P, wasnt paying attention tothe pair
    "He who makes a BEAST of himself, gets rid the pain of being a MAN" S.J

LOL It did not affect my trade - just made me think where else am I losing pips.. lol in CFD not so bad but in binary this can be difference between win/lose on a not so clever trade.