Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cant upload a screen shot from lightshot. !!!

Hi everyone. I can't seem to upload a screenshot from lightshot to the forum.
    I can save the screenshot to my computer with no hassle. I am doing the uploading as described in Okane's video.
    The following is what happened. In the diary section i wrote about my trade. Then i clicked on the insert image. The box came up to select a file in which i selected the screen shot. This file was displayed in the box. At the bottom of the box i clicked on upload image. Then you could see it was uploading by the blue percentage line thingy. Then when it got to the end at 100 percent it should have been all finished but at the end a red exclamation mark appeared at the end of the file. Any help would be appreciated. This is why no image is in my diary as yet.

it's very hard to understand the problem. Let's try and upload a file again. When you get the error message, use lightshot and instead of copying the screenshot, upload to cloud and share the link here.
    “Don't believe anything you read on the net. Except this. Well, including this, I suppose.” ― Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Kay View Post
    it's very hard to understand the problem. Let's try and upload a file again. When you get the error message, use lightshot and instead of copying the screenshot, upload to cloud and share the link here.
    Ok Martin thanks. I'll try that.

i have just tried to insert the error message from my iCloud drive. the same error message box comes up. grrrrrrr

you're not doing it right... are you using the lightshot app?
    “Don't believe anything you read on the net. Except this. Well, including this, I suppose.” ― Douglas Adams

yes i think i am doing it right.
    i screenshot whatever image through lightshot then i click the disc to save it. a box comes up letting me know where to save it. originally i saved it to my computer which there was not a problem. the problem starts when I'm posting a thread or replying here etc etc. here i click on the insert image and a box comes up for me to select drive. i select the computer drive and the filename is there. still no problems. then when i click on the upload button it starts to upload. the blue shaded indicates how much there is left to go. then when that blue indicator reaches the end this is where the problem starts. and this is where the red exclamation mark is displayed at the end of the blue indicator.
    i have done the same up load with iCloud. i save the image to my iCloud drive. when i come here i click on the insert image but instead of selecting it from my drive i select it from the iCloud drive. the exact same thing happens.

http://prntscr.com/enw9fm
    http://prntscr.com/enw9ve
    ok if these links are working they are supposed to be for my diary which i was originally supposed to insert.

http://prntscr.com/enwc7f
    now if this link is working, this is the screenshot of the error that a get after i try and insert the image from my hard drive. it uploads then at the end the red exclamation mark comes up after it finishes uploading. hope this helps.