Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Metatrader 5 and Apple mac !!!

Hi everyone. I just purchased an Apple Mac after long researching which way to go with windows or Apple.
    Can anyone tell where the best download is for metatrader 5. The site I was looking at only has it for windows.

Hey, just answered your PM (:

so you can use MT4 via terminal. Also i forgot to mention but you can also use Virtual Machine, it lets you run windows as a.. window.. on your mac. you can run mt4 from the emulator as windows up. a good mac could work it out without delays.
    “Don't believe anything you read on the net. Except this. Well, including this, I suppose.” ― Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Kay View Post
    Hey, just answered your PM (:

so you can use MT4 via terminal. Also i forgot to mention but you can also use Virtual Machine, it lets you run windows as a.. window.. on your mac. you can run mt4 from the emulator as windows up. a good mac could work it out without delays.
    Hmmm ok I'll try that. See how I go. I tried to respond to your PM but wouldn't allow me because it said you have too many stored messages. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Hmmm ok I'll try that. See how I go. I tried to respond to your PM but wouldn't allow me because it said you have too many stored messages. Lol.
    yeah lol many many messages (): you can try again
    “Don't believe anything you read on the net. Except this. Well, including this, I suppose.” ― Douglas Adams

poe
    I strongly suggest not to use a windows based software when u can get price trackers such as: trading view or u simply download Fx's broker softwares !

For me, im using XM which offers a verion of MT-4 or 5 as u which and it works perfectly to me... now that u decide to go for a MAC dont hurt it with windows based softwares ...
    Last edited by poe; 03-19-2017 at 04:32 PM. Reason: u only need consistency in price, 1-3 pips difference wont make u lose any money!
    "He who makes a BEAST of himself, gets rid the pain of being a MAN" S.J

Quote Originally Posted by poe View Post
    I strongly suggest not to use a windows based software when u can get price trackers such as: trading view or u simply download Fx's broker softwares !

For me, im using XM which offers a verion of MT-4 or 5 as u which and it works perfectly to me... now that u decide to go for a MAC dont hurt it with windows based softwares ...
    Poe. I have downloaded XM metatrader 4. When I go into it on the bottom right hand corner it says no connection. The candle sticks are showing the price back in Oct last year and that's as far as it goes. I can't seem to get today's price. Do I need to open an account with them to be able to get today's price. I'm a bit lost.

poe
    Yes, u open an account ( D E M O ) that u will never use - unless u decide to trade forex someday - , we will only use that platform for
    tracking the price....

I think the procedure is; file- open new account, then i guess it will ask u to choose the broker u want for tracking the price, and u can choose XM demo account or MetaTrader... Price is consistent and obviously we will always have few ( points = pippettes ) different to the broker we are using but its ok, we are seeking for consistency in the price and correct movement of the candles.

gl and ht... if u have more questions dont hesitate !
    "He who makes a BEAST of himself, gets rid the pain of being a MAN" S.J

8. Thanks Martin Kay thanked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by poe View Post
    Yes, u open an account ( D E M O ) that u will never use - unless u decide to trade forex someday - , we will only use that platform for
    tracking the price....

I think the procedure is; file- open new account, then i guess it will ask u to choose the broker u want for tracking the price, and u can choose XM demo account or MetaTrader... Price is consistent and obviously we will always have few ( points = pippettes ) different to the broker we are using but its ok, we are seeking for consistency in the price and correct movement of the candles.

gl and ht... if u have more questions dont hesitate !
    Ok thanks Poe. I'll try that when I get home from work.

Starting out is always the hardest thing, because you're not sure and it might even seem hard. I think it's best to start with general concepts and studying the terminology, then switch to studying the terminal, etc. The main thing is to do it gradually.

The option with a virtual machine is very good for you, I've never even really thought about it, good thing some bright people showed up...)