Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hi SheeNigami,

I've been using Tradingview. www.tradingview.com

I hope this helps and have a great trading week.

Quote Originally Posted by SheeNigami View Post
    Super busy with school exams lately so do not have time to trade.... they will end next Wednesday!

Finally got some time to trade today but couldn't get my MT5 to work... it says "authorization error (service is unavailable)" and could not get it to work even after reinstalling it... It works on Web version of MT5 bur no matter what I do the charts won't start updating..

If someone knows a solution please tell me! In the meantime I will probably stop trading till Wednesday. Hope to update this diary again soon
    Try deleting the charts the charts that are not updating and add the charts again. If the issue persists left click on the market watch on the left of the windown n click hide all and then left click on left click on market watch n click symbols and add symbols from the symbol list n the symbols will appear on ur watch list n add charts from the market watch again

(2) Trades today !!!

So i found 2 trades today. But for the 2nd one IQ Options takes 200000 hours to load up i didnt go in in time..... (Probably could have still been a good entry tho.... Couldnt pull the trigger )

First trade was on GBPJPY (probably not a good idea.....) This was a PUT option and was OTM

Click image for larger version.

Name:	Screenshot_12.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	6736

Name:	Screenshot_13.jpg
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	6737

So basically i saw the price spike over the trend line to break the channel. It was quite a price move so i checked and saw that there was no news. There was a pretty strong resistance (kind of) and the price seemed to retrace a bit at where i drew the resistance! It was'nt really a good confirmation i think but i jumped in after seeing the red candle that bounced off my resistance. Stochastic was also overbought from M5 to H1. The price just continued to shoot up after that and my trade landed out of the money.... '
    I heard that GBPJPY was very volatile and i hadnt really had any experience with this pair. So i would like to ask if this is a common occurrence (there wasnt any news from waht i saw). Also, should newbies like me stay away from this pair?
    Here is the IQ Options trade:

Name:	Screenshot_14.jpg
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	6738

Next i found this trade on EURUSD. SO i just so happened to get killed in a game of dota 2 so i glanced at the other monitor with the charts. I saw the prices at a point where i drew my trendline, S/R line, and the EMA 200. I then immediately checked the stochastic and M5 to H1 was near all overbought/near overbought. That was when quickly went to chrome and tried to open the IQ Options demo thing, but it took probably more than an entire minute to open!! (probably because i had the game, charts and skype/discord on)When the demo trading thing finally opened the price had was already somewhere in the middle of the red candlestick after where i drew my arrow on lightshot. Most importantly the price was already no where near the the resistance/trendline/200 ema area so i didnt pull the trigger.
    Here's the trade setup:

Name:	Screenshot_15.jpg
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	6739

Decided to include this trade since i thought it was a pretty good set up and might come in handy for future reference!
    That's it for today, also MY TESTS ARE FINALLY OVER!! Probably failed a bunch of shit but right after the tests is not the time to worry about it XD

I got trader of the month!! Just realised the badge below my name and saw it!
    I want to thank all the pros and other experienced trader who have helped me in this diary, truly thanks a lot! Every single post from you guys teach me so much about trading. Also, thanks to milos for nominating me! Thank you so much to everyone who has helped me, I'm still a beginner and have a long way to go. Will continue to update this diary!

5. Thanks Michael Hodges thanked this post

Name:	Screenshot_16.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	6753

Name:	Screenshot_17.jpg
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	6754

Today i did a trade on EURUSD based on a channel i drew. The price reached the bottom trend line of the channel which also had a 99 EMA and a long term support/resistance level there. Howeber, the stochastic was only oversold on M5 so i decided to go for only a short 10-15 min expiry and the trade worked out. However if i chose a longer expiry it might not have worked, and the trade was pretty close. Target was also 1.06170 so i was thinking this might not have been that goof of a trade. Please feel free to criticise!

Quote Originally Posted by SheeNigami View Post

Name:	Screenshot_16.jpg
ID:	6753

Today i did a trade on EURUSD based on a channel i drew. The price reached the bottom trend line of the channel which also had a 99 EMA and a long term support/resistance level there. Howeber, the stochastic was only oversold on M5 so i decided to go for only a short 10-15 min expiry and the trade worked out. However if i chose a longer expiry it might not have worked, and the trade was pretty close. Target was also 1.06170 so i was thinking this might not have been that goof of a trade. Please feel free to criticise!
    I see your left side of the channel is narrower than the right side channel. Channel lines should be parallel.

Recently I didn't actually enter any trades as i often miss the entries while im doing homework or gaming (This is after i already drew up trend lines and stuff). This particular trade I didn't actually miss the entry but IQ Options didn't let me trade it as it was closed. (Not sure how this works because the price is still updating)

Name:	Screenshot_18.jpg
Views:	26
ID:	6777

So this is the 30 min timeframe. There is a channel and the price just dipped under the bottom line of the channel. It then starts moving up from oversold level.

Name:	Screenshot_19.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	6778

This is the M5 chart where we can see the price is bouncing off my top trend line of the channel and heading up after dipping below the long term trend line/bottom channel line. The price retraces back to long term support and bounces of the short term trend line/upper channel line. After the candle holds the long term support i thought it would be a good idea to do a call option.

Seemed like the trade would have worked out according to my plan even with various different expiries (10-40 mins). Too bad i couldn't trade this

AUDJPY again !!!

Today was the same on AUDJPY where I couldn't trade it. Today i managed to catch it going below the very same trend line as yesterday.

Name:	Screenshot_21.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	6780

This is the M15 chart where yeterday's trade can be seen as well. This time the went way below the trend line and reached a strong support which i had drawn yesterday (i think it is visible on yesterdays charts....?). I realised I could catch a call option as it about to retrace from oversold level on longer time frames (M15-H1)

On the M5 charts as shown below,

Name:	Screenshot_20.jpg
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	6781

The price broke the short term channel (This is when i came on the computer), and started the retracement from the oversold levels on longer timeframes. I continued monitoring this pair and after going up a few candles, it did a small retracement back to the support/resistance line that it broke (going down and then going up). Upon seeing the candle touch the line and close above yesterday's price i told myself i would get a call option (of course, the asset was closed. Again, not sure how this works)

The price went up and seemed to be ITM even with various timeframes i could have used.

Next is EURUSD. This asset was not closed so I could trade it. This PUT option was OTM.

Name:	Screenshot_23.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	6782

Here is the M5 charts. I drew up 2 trend lines and that the shorter term trend (bullish) was about to reverse. The longer term trend line of M5 was (bearish). Magenta line was a trend line from M15 which was bullish.
    The price followed the longer term blue line down and even terted the line several times without any sign of breaking. Finally, the red bearish engulfing candle i was looking for came, breaking a long term S/R line. I immediately entered with the hope of it going down to the next S/R line and the M15 trend line (Magenta)

Name:	Screenshot_22.jpg
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	6783

The trade did not turn out well. Was OTM, please tell me about mistakes i did in this trade....

Nice lines, too bad on the OTM but did you take a put on the top of that upgoing trendline later which intercepted the EMA?
    OptionHeimer: I am become debt, destroyer of accounts!