Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Strategies, signals and indicators definition!! !!!

Hi guys I know what strategies are...= the different ways u look at charts and determine how, when and why to enter a call or put etc etc etc.
    Now, indicators and signals are confusing me.......!!!!!
    Signals= observing a signal is where u determine whether it's an up trend or down trend also whether it's volatile or not volatile, whether it's strong or weak, whether it's good to enter a trade or not good to enter a trade etc etc etc..!!!
    Indicators= the EMA's, osilators thingos, candles, different types of candles etc, tools from metatrader that u can use etc etc, trend lines u can draw on the charts etc etc!!!!
    I think I'm understanding it but just need a bit more clarifying of it all in addition to what I have learnt in BOTS School!!!

Ok, well I think you need to pick just one indicator and study it along with a chart to see what "signals" look like for that indie. A moving average may be the best place to start. If you use a long term one like 150 or 200 candles that can be your trend, then use a short one like 30 days for "signals". if the longer one is moving up, a signal will be when the price crosses above the shorter from below, or bounces off of it from above...

I hope this helps.

Indicator = Anything that indicates something. In this case, indicates
    that the trend is bearish or bullish. That can be a trendline or an EMA or whichever tool
    you added to your charts.

Signals = When your indicator and analysis all agree that you should take whatever action = call/put = signal.

Strategy = You use one or several indicators to get your signal.
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content

You can find all trading tools and indicators you needed. I use 4 trading indicators RSI,MACD,B Bands and Fibonacci levels.

May be you will benefit a lot from our School section. It has it all covered with great detail. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan21 View Post
    May be you will benefit a lot from our School section. It has it all covered with great detail. Good luck!
    Hi Dan. I had just finished the college section before I asked about these.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Hi Dan. I had just finished the college section before I asked about these.
    Well, did my answer above helped?
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Okane View Post
    Well, did my answer above helped?
    Yes thankyou Okane. Just have to have more exposure to it all so it can be cemented in my brain!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Yes thankyou Okane. Just have to have more exposure to it all so it can be cemented in my brain!!!
    Besides exposure you need more practise to get more experience

I think you should start with indicators such as EMA, RSI and MACD..