Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New trader with one month experience how to lose money on Binary options. !!!

Hello Traders,

I'd like to introduce myself as a new trader. My name is Ronald and I am from the Netherlands, living in the neighborhood of Hilversum, 20 kilometers from Amsterdam. I am making a living as a building contracter and my hobby is playing trumpet in several bands.

In December I was attracted by an advertisement of a binary option robot and I thought, without knowledge earning a little money I'll give it a try.
    I deposited the minimum amount and within 5 minutes I received a call from a senior trader with a typical typical english name (like John Smith, Jane Stone etc.) and a cupryotic accent.
    He talked me in to a Bronze account and offering me trades with a senior broker and an education program.
    He made a few trades, almost each of them in the money and I recieved two phone calls from a certain 'Mary Johnson' type with also a sort of Greek accent. She talked to me, explaining how investing.com works, economic calendar, tech. analyses etc.

After that part they kept calling, trying to talk me in the silver account and make a deposit of € 5.000,=, promising profits of 4.000,= by the end of the week. Polite as I am used doing business with, I thanked them for the kind offers and explained that I was not comfortable without knowledge and first wanted to get more experienced in trading myself.
    They tried to convince me that trading with them would get me the right experience, but I thanked for it after several phone calls from approximately half an our to an hour.pfff

After trading and losing for myself, I recieved a number of calls trying to talk me in for the earning season. Al lot of phone calls, my familty went nuts; England again, sometimes from zwitserland and Sweden?!
    Meanwhile I was searching for an educational program and finally found CommuniTraders and I am reading you school program (in College now)
    I am using meta trader 4 and two demo accounts and learning bit by bit and enjoying it.

I hope getting profitable someday, just for the fun of it.

Kind regards,

Ronald

Hey Ronaldt, Welcome here to CommuniTraders! Great to see you on board!

Your story is very ordinary way most people enter into trading. Invited by appealing advertisement than jumping into a broker even without checking it and than start receiving tons and tons of phone calls and offers from the broker. Learning trading and enjoying the process is great, but believing everything from your broker, especially if you know how badly they want to grab your money is not the right approach you know or you will understand it quickly

Best approach for you know is to build more and more knowledge on how the market works, and meantime practice on demo!
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder

3. Thanks Ronaldt thanked this post
    poe
    Sweet to have on board mate! Yeh we have all been that person before, the ad online, the broker, the promises, the losses, the rage, then we get up and understand that we must put ton of effort, we find bots, we go thru the school, do some demo, start trading carefully, learn price action, and eventually after a while we become profitable traders

welcome to bots !
    "He who makes a BEAST of himself, gets rid the pain of being a MAN" S.J

5. Thanks Ronaldt thanked this post
    Hello Ronald!

Welcome to Communitraders!

Your story sounds familiar. Receiving calls from the broker. Be careful when and where you'll be deposited your money. In the bots forum you can find recommended brokers.

You can also test it CT demo account.

Happy trading!

Milos

Hey Ronald! Great to have yet another Nederlander aboard! You can see dutch people are pretty similar to eachother, cause we seem to have chosen the same avatars. :P

If you ever want to talk in dutch about trading, you can PM me. Were only allowed to talk English in the forums, which makes perfectly sense of course. Also, when you're done with the BOTS school I recommend you to start your own trading diary in the war room. But first take it easy and take your time going through the school and indeed be careful where and what you deposit.
    "You think I ain't worth a dollar, but I feel like a millionaire!" - Queens of the stone Age

8. Thanks Ronaldt thanked this post
    Hello Anno,
    Thank you for replying, I wil first finish school and after that I might take your offer and talk in dutch about trading.
    Regards Ronald

Welcome aboard, it's good you were able to avoid the scams. Stick with your plan and keep on learning, you will be able to make money one day. I promise.

11. Thanks Ronaldt thanked this post
    Hey welcome!

I hope you learned a few valuable lessons here:

1. Robot/autotraders are all scams - period.

2. Account managers have a conflict of interest and you should never speak to them regarding trading. Only
    talk to them when it comes to withdrawals/account approval. Anything else, say no to it.

3. Pick a regulated broker, they usually tend NOT to use crooked account managers because they want to maintain a good reputation.

4. Never start anything without knowledge, thinking that you can pull anything off without knowledge will always end bad.

I know you probably already know but just adding it for the others who find this thread

Welcome! I will do a live free webinar at the end of this month, tune in by subscribing to this thread so you know when I go live on YouTube
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content

13. Thanks Ronaldt thanked this post
    Thank you all, I feel welcome😊

Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldt View Post
    Hello Traders,

I'd like to introduce myself as a new trader. My name is Ronald and I am from the Netherlands, living in the neighborhood of Hilversum, 20 kilometers from Amsterdam. I am making a living as a building contracter and my hobby is playing trumpet in several bands.

In December I was attracted by an advertisement of a binary option robot and I thought, without knowledge earning a little money I'll give it a try.
    I deposited the minimum amount and within 5 minutes I received a call from a senior trader with a typical typical english name (like John Smith, Jane Stone etc.) and a cupryotic accent.
    He talked me in to a Bronze account and offering me trades with a senior broker and an education program.
    He made a few trades, almost each of them in the money and I recieved two phone calls from a certain 'Mary Johnson' type with also a sort of Greek accent. She talked to me, explaining how investing.com works, economic calendar, tech. analyses etc.

After that part they kept calling, trying to talk me in the silver account and make a deposit of € 5.000,=, promising profits of 4.000,= by the end of the week. Polite as I am used doing business with, I thanked them for the kind offers and explained that I was not comfortable without knowledge and first wanted to get more experienced in trading myself.
    They tried to convince me that trading with them would get me the right experience, but I thanked for it after several phone calls from approximately half an our to an hour.pfff

After trading and losing for myself, I recieved a number of calls trying to talk me in for the earning season. Al lot of phone calls, my familty went nuts; England again, sometimes from zwitserland and Sweden?!
    Meanwhile I was searching for an educational program and finally found CommuniTraders and I am reading you school program (in College now)
    I am using meta trader 4 and two demo accounts and learning bit by bit and enjoying it.

I hope getting profitable someday, just for the fun of it.

Kind regards,

Ronald

Hi Ronald, it's you escaped from being scam. Most of the victims of scam are lured by greed.

16. Thanks Ronaldt thanked this post