Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Not good at all.... I'm really skeptical about the future of BO.

http://www.globes.co.il/en/article-r...ion-1001175186

Binary Options will survive. They are just a trading instrument like all other instruments, futures, spot and vanilla options. It is ridiculous to expect full ban of trading binary options! Maybe in few countries it may happen but as a whole no way. The parties which should shut down are shady brokers, especially these using aggressive marketing tactics and absurd promises to its clients. Unfortunately the realm of binary options trading is still not sunny. Most brokers use such tactics and bet on stupidity of the clients to rip them off. At the end the full responsibility to their actions stay in hands of the traders and it is their duty to make due diligence of the broker they would like to trade and to know totally clear what to expect. As Martin said already regulation is the first thing to look for before selecting a broker, and of course not the least, there are many factors to check the net are there serious complains about this broker, to check the reviews and so on, but I don't believe somebody would like to trade Forex or Stocks with unregulated broker, this should be absolutely the same with binary brokers, only the regulated ones should be legal.
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder

@Kolyo I hope that you are right because I am studying a lot...

T.b.t. I don't expect that governments really want BO to be grown up.

It shouldn't be that difficult to certify good brokers and to ban others. It's a lack of real interest that these scammers can go on.

There will always be scammers, since it looks like people just WANT to be scammed (by asking for robots, systems, goeroe's etc).
    However, it shouldn't be that hard to regulate brokers and demand a solid financial management etc.

It wouldn't stop all scandals, but it would diminish the influence of scammers on the market to add a 'trusted' logo from a trusted country, that active scans for signals of scamming/bad company behavior

Quote Originally Posted by Polde View Post
    Not good at all.... I'm really skeptical about the future of BO.

http://www.globes.co.il/en/article-r...ion-1001175186
    Certain countries like Israel and Iran has a ban on almost everything that has to do with gambling/trading. good for them?

as for the Quebec news, notice that the regulator is planning to ban option with short time frames. That is indeed bad news for 30-60 seconds 5 min traders, but a good news for those who trade longer TF's
    “Don't believe anything you read on the net. Except this. Well, including this, I suppose.” ― Douglas Adams

Another bad news... I am worried about it.. I think I have lost my interest in everything related to BO (learning, trading..)..

“We want to ban binary options everywhere in the world and jail those who do not comply” :: http://financefeeds.com/we-want-to-b...li-government/

PS: I hope these news links are not against the rules of this forum..
    Last edited by Polde; 02-05-2017 at 08:00 PM.

poe
    Another bad news... I am worried about it.. I think I have lost my interest in everything related to BO (learning, trading..)..

“We want to ban binary options everywhere in the world and jail those who do not comply” :: http://financefeeds.com/we-want-to-b...li-government/

U should stop checking the news from Israel... so ironic that I opened the page and 1rst thing I saw was a ban of some sort of broker ! lul
    "He who makes a BEAST of himself, gets rid the pain of being a MAN" S.J

Why should you trade with Isreal brokers where you could trade with regulated brokers

I beileve some brokers should be held accountable for their actions. Whether it's possible to get them in the courthouse, im skeptical. Polde I think you're focusing on the negative side of the industry, which is completely understood. I've been following this guy McLoed for a few months now, i've been reading his news items back when he was a reporter for FinanceMagnates. He seems to have a strong agenda against Binary Options, and I enjoy reading his stuff. If it wasn't for Binary Options, I don't know if i'd ever "get to know" McLoed.
    “Don't believe anything you read on the net. Except this. Well, including this, I suppose.” ― Douglas Adams

A "cleansing" is very much needed. But binary options as an instrument should survive. the FX market was like the Wild West back in the day; now there are still shady brokers, but overall the industry is safe (-ish). I hope the same will happen to BO. Bad brokers - Bye Bye! The rest - polish your game and everybody's happy
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein (attributed)