Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I just registered and wanted to say HI !!!

Hi fellow traders,

I'm from Amsterdam, Holland. Forgive me for any language mistakes. I'm trading binary options for 3 months now. I was looking for a good solid trading community to join and participate in and I believe I found it.

I think it's safe to say that my trading strategy is profitable. I still lack the disciple to control my emotions though. So you all know what that means... Made some money, lost it, made some money back, now trying to grow my account without losing it again. I enjoy trading a lot and I'm really determined to turn this into a full-time thing and make a living out of it. I do have some concerns though so I will dive right in the forum and try to open a discussion.

I bet a lot of you have read articles about the negativity of BO brokers and platforms. There was one in particular that bothered me. It was about the business model of the BO brokers and how they profit from the losses of the traders. My questions is will the brokers somehow block you somehow as a trader if you become too successful and they realize they're not winning back the money you won.

I hope I could get comments or replies from experienced BO traders with mean money management skills that have been consistently successful on a particular account without being blocked somehow be the broker.

Thanks all..

Yes a broker may limit you if you are successful. Depending on how 'reputable' they are, they may give you more room before applying limitations.
    Last edited by random; 01-21-2017 at 04:06 PM. Reason: spelling

Thanks random, that makes me wonder. All these BO traders(including me) spending so much time and effort learning and developing skills. All that to be punished or limited by a broker for finally getting good at it.

At the moment I'm using IQoption and 24Option. Has anybody been limited by one of these brokers for getting long-term successful?

Funnily enough, I was just reading about someone being limited by 24option (delayed trades and spread increases). See here:

http://www.forexpeacearmy.com/commun...on-scam.43318/

As to whether it's worth it, that's up to you. There are plenty of brokers out there. If you're new to trading, you can still learn some useful concepts that could be applied to other areas of trading. Trading solely as a full time BO trader? I'm not so sure. You're betting against the house. If you're successful, you'll eventually run out of houses to bet against.

Quote Originally Posted by random View Post
    As to whether it's worth it, that's up to you. There are plenty of brokers out there. If you're new to trading, you can still learn some useful concepts that could be applied to other areas of trading. Trading solely as a full time BO trader? I'm not so sure. You're betting against the house. If you're successful, you'll eventually run out of houses to bet against.
    Interesting Random.. with other areas of trading, you mean like Forex trading or stock trading? So you and other members here do BO trading as a side or a hobby?

Welcome to CommuniTraders, Thutmose! I am happy to see you joining our forum! You are right we are actually one of the few trading communities and maybe the only one in BO space with active real traders sharing their trading in real time while discussing with other traders.
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder

If you are consistently profitable of course you will experience some troubles with broker attempt to prevent you from been successful but the reputable broker will never stop you trade and will always pay your profits. You will have problems only if you trade short term with some temporal freeze or requites. If you trade more long term options you won't experience any problems because brokers can't do anything in this case. This is only if you trade with highly reputable brokers, in all other cases it can be very bad experience for your business. Growing as a trader you will grow your trading horizon with other instruments but binaries are not something to forgot, they are genuine and good way to express your trading ideas. In many cases they can give you better profitability than regular stocks, futures or forex trading
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder

Quote Originally Posted by random View Post
    Funnily enough, I was just reading about someone being limited by 24option (delayed trades and spread increases). See here:

http://www.forexpeacearmy.com/commun...on-scam.43318/

This is an old case and since then, CySEC has demanded their regulated brokers to show their quotes in order to eliminate such problems.
    You might have noticed the changes on the broker's platform, one is the quotes that are displayed and the other is the option to close the trade within 3 seconds - making it
    difficult for the brokers to cheat like that.
    By the way, let's also mention that the guy got his earnings.
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content

Hello Thutmose!

Welcome to Communitraders!

There are such cases as broker can control binary options trading in a few seconds when the trade closed. A few seconds trade is active before confirmed trade status in the money/out of the money. If the entry points upper/lower then expiry price it can be suspicious because in this a few seconds it can be confirmed as lost trade.

For example you trade EUR/USD call option entry points call option 1.07400 time frame expiry 5 minutes. The expiry price is 1.07403 and it is winning trade. But there is a few seconds to be confirmed as winning trade your status isn't final. It is still active trade and still price moving higher/lower. In moment when price moving below 1.07400 such as 1.07399 or lower your trade is confirmed as lost trade.

Thanks for your valuable input guys. So what I understand is that when you become long term profitable it is recommended to stay away from short expires. I'll keep that in mind, because currently I do like to trade 60sec expiries.