Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Does higher timframe mean the trade is safer ? !!!

Hello guys,

Today I took my first live trade on a higher timeframe than what I was used to. I only took turbo, 1 to 5 minutes expiries until today.

I was thrilled with joy when I saw this Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_1.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	78.4 KB 
ID:	6273

Whenever I was trading on short timeframes such thing was impossible for me to see.
    It was always like a horse or dog racing sort of gambling thing, with the price jumping over and under the target, I would win or lose on a difference of very few pipets, but now it was so relaxing, so peaceful so... beautiful!

Do you think that the higher the TF means the lower the risk, or it depends on the particular trader and the strategy he is using?

Quote Originally Posted by Ciprian View Post

Do you think that the higher the TF means the lower the risk, or it depends on the particular trader and the strategy he is using?

I think it depends on the particular trader's skills.
    Duct Tape can't fix OTM

3. Thanks Ciprian thanked this post
    Like Ronnel said, much depends on your own skills.
    However, when it comes to binary options, I would say that below M5 expiries are hard to pull off due to the simple fact that
    brokers can mess up your trades easier (spreads, delays etc). So make sure you trade with a broker with a fast-responding platform
    and test them well. Not all brokers are good for below M5 trading!
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content

5. Thanks Ciprian thanked this post
    It does lower risk, what I mean is it is one way to lower risk among many. It is like you say, the short term time frames like 1 minute or 5 minute are very volatile and jumpy, and they are a lot like gambling. the longer term is better signals, more reliable, and easier to spot and trade. They are not a guarantee but will certainly make your trading a lot less nerve wracking, more peaceful, and more profitable

7. Thanks Ciprian thanked this post
    15 minutes time frame expiry and M1,M5 charts.
    Happy trading!

9. Thanks Ciprian thanked this post
    Some think that the larger the timeframe, the safer it is to trade... I personally don't think so. In general forex is always a risk and the timeframe isn't so important here, as is a reliable trading strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Trapped View Post
    Some think that the larger the timeframe, the safer it is to trade... I personally don't think so. In general forex is always a risk and the timeframe isn't so important here, as is a reliable trading strategy.
    May be, but here we discuss Binary Options, not Forex.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan21 View Post
    May be, but here we discuss Binary Options, not Forex.
    Agreed, this is a Binary Options forum

Yes, you're right, i missed the trail...)

Junior Member BinaryScamSniffer's Avatar
    Generally speaking, both long term and short term tenors have advantages and drawbacks and must be adjusted according to your strategy. If you forecast future price movements merely on technical analysis, or what is worse, simply bet that the current trend is going to continue without any shifts, a shorter timeframe is much more profitable. In this case, the probability of you guessing the right tendency or trend, despite being miserable, is higher than in case of over 2 minutes trades.
    However, as for traders who live off binary options it is important to remark the three major advantages that long-term trading offers. First of all, the broker-trader agreements usually specify the payout yield depending on how close is the expiration date, or to say it otherwise, the timeframe. The least significant is the payout of trades under 120 seconds, gradually increasing towards position or weekly trading, which have the best payout. Additionally to this metric, you do have enough time to appreciate the events and circumstances compared to 60 or even 15 seconds tenor which isn't even enough for the most recent news to be delivered. To make it clear, it takes significantly more than 15 seconds for the news to be interpreted, written and sent. By the time your trade is processed by the software you are already late. The third issue supporting long-term trading is that you have the opportunity to choose whenever to exist this trade or sell the asset. Considering the unforeseen price fluctuations, such liberty in decision is very useful.
    To summarize, higher timeframe indeed means that the trade is safer. To clarify, if the underlying principle of your strategy is luck, opt for short term tenors. On the other hand, if you have a serious approach towards binary options, want to alleviate risk and derive a stable profit focus on less restrictive timeframes.