Learning from the experts. !!!

First of all a HUGE thank you to all you folks who set up this amazing website. HELPFUL...!! hardly describes the quality of the information, with the humour, as well as downright common sense (not being patronising or aloof) in your approach to the advice you give.

Now, I have a few questions. I have been through the school..... to the third level, but need now, to get down to serious backtesting and practicing of strategies. With Christmas over, I am re-reading as a refresher.
    ** I notice that Milos, and other top-notch traders are experiencing 47% to 52% success rate... if you look on Communitraders and where they list these things. This confuses me, because even with 85% payouts on ITM trades, you really need at least 57% - 62% success to keep progressing. How can less than 50% success, not be losing you money all the while?
    ** In order to conduct a trade using your own platform (here).... which shows only a line graph.... no candlesticks or tools to help.... and in order to be looking at say two different time frames.... do you have multiple monitors to look at as you trade? I find if I juggle between say TradingView and Binary.com they dont match and i lose trades. Can anyone advise some setup suggestions....

That will d for a start... other questions will follow.

For newbies reading this.... SPEND OCEANS OF TIME in the school... great place to start!.
    Ruth

Quote Originally Posted by Ruth50 View Post
    First of all a HUGE thank you to all you folks who set up this amazing website. HELPFUL...!! hardly describes the quality of the information, with the humour, as well as downright common sense (not being patronising or aloof) in your approach to the advice you give.

Now, I have a few questions. I have been through the school..... to the third level, but need now, to get down to serious backtesting and practicing of strategies. With Christmas over, I am re-reading as a refresher.
    ** I notice that Milos, and other top-notch traders are experiencing 47% to 52% success rate... if you look on Communitraders and where they list these things. This confuses me, because even with 85% payouts on ITM trades, you really need at least 57% - 62% success to keep progressing. How can less than 50% success, not be losing you money all the while?
    ** In order to conduct a trade using your own platform (here).... which shows only a line graph.... no candlesticks or tools to help.... and in order to be looking at say two different time frames.... do you have multiple monitors to look at as you trade? I find if I juggle between say TradingView and Binary.com they dont match and i lose trades. Can anyone advise some setup suggestions....

For newbies reading this.... SPEND OCEANS OF TIME in the school... great place to start!.
    Ruth
    Hi Ruth!
    This is just for me okay... I don't have a high winning rate on CT demo trading platform because first when I was doing it that I was a total newbie, next is I used it for testing some horribly stupid chart setups. Those were the days when I was still searching for my holy grail... But even back then I do make some decent straight wins, then I go back to testing my stupid xmas tree setups and start losing again. I even mentioned it several times in my diary that I'll be testing weird setups. Anyway, what I think is that most of us don't really concentrate much on the demo platform but we do concentrate more on live trading.

I will not tell you my win rate but I invite you to have a look at my diary especially pages near the end where I shared my live trades and I think you'll get a rough idea. I also regularly share my live trading charts to the lads so I think that if you ask around, they may have an idea of my scores too. I'm just making myself as an example but I'm positive that Milos, Okane, etc. have a lot better scores because they too share their live trading scores and it's waaaaay different than what everybody sees in the CT scores. I think most of us are done trying to prove ourselves and live trading (getting money) is more on focus now.

About CT's platform with only a Line Graph, actually you can trade that as-is if you know how to properly use Line Charts. Before I used a separate platform (MT4 Demo) when I was practice trading on CT. I really didn't care much if the price from CT chart is the same as what I see in the MT4, My reason for this is that I concentrated more on medium expiry, that even if the numbers are not exact but as long as my calculation is good and my choice of TF expiry is right then all's ok. Do you know that even now, when I'm trading live that I rarely look at the numbers... I only look at the candles or Line chart and just trade UP or DOWN. For me, the formation of Price (candlesticks, bars or line chart) is more important that I totally ignore the numbers... weird ehy
    My advice is go for medium expiry trades like H1 up. You can also use M5, M15 or M30 but the lower you go, the more chances of price from CT platform and TradingView not matching up.

About monitors, to be honest with you I have 5 (hmmmm... 6, lol) but I use only 2 and the others are just for back-up in case if my main rig sh@ts itself. With my 2 monitors I only use the smaller one for charting and the bigger one for watching love/comedy YouTube movies or some weird B-movies. For me I can live with just 1 monitor but having another monitor dedicated for B-movies makes life more fun
    Last edited by Ronnel; 12-30-2016 at 02:13 PM.
    Duct Tape can't fix OTM

Ruth
    Hello Ruth!

Welcome to Communitraders!

You can start bots schools reading. You can watch Communitatraders Youtube channels and videos made by Okane and me.

Go to financial and war room and you can see trading dairies. You can see diverse range of traders from dailt to weekly time frame expiry. It includes shorter time frame expiry.

About CT demo account I can say its just explanation about trades to post and share. Its demo account.

Of course you can see here is link below
    http://forums.binaryoptionsthatsuck....-Movers/page25

All my trades are updated here with explanation and time frame expiry. You can make your judge yourself. Its real account not the demo.

Happy trading!

By the away I'll will update soon my the last trades in 2016 with explanation.

Thanks!

Milos

Hi Ronnel... thank you for your reply... I understand now about the 47% success.... thank you..... I will do as you suggest and look up the diaries and videos... thank you so much.
    A question to you.... maybe you can answer. My husband is a bit sceptical, and cannot believe that people are prepared to offer advice for FREE.... what is your motivation and why do you think Okane and Milos etc and yourself are so generous??
    In this current world of dog eat dog, it is so refreshing and yet a little mysterious!!
    thank you for your time.
    Ruth

Yes Ruth,that's the beauty of this community, nothing behind back only "strange"people who are ready to help for fee.BOTS is BEST!!!

Hi Ronnel... thank you for your reply... I understand now about the 47% success.... thank you..... I will do as you suggest and look up the diaries and videos... thank you so much.
    A question to you.... maybe you can answer. My husband is a bit sceptical, and cannot believe that people are prepared to offer advice for FREE.... what is your motivation and why do you think Okane and Milos etc and yourself are so generous??
    In this current world of dog eat dog, it is so refreshing and yet a little mysterious!!
    thank you for your time.
    Ruth

Hi Ruth,

Please tell your husband not to worry because I too got free advice from the pros and members here when I was a newbie. The thing is that the pros here do give advice but we never spoonfeed. They just gave me bits and pieces to study. If you will be asking for advice, I'm sure that you'll also get bits and pieces too and it's up to you to study and burn your eyes out by staring at charts for looooong hours and trying different strategies as you gain experience. Yes the advice are free but you basically have to work very hard to make the techniques work for you. Many of us here have been helped by the pros and members so giving free guidance to newbies and amateurs is just our little way of returning the favour. In this Forum Okane an Willy helped me a lot. Bogdan's strategies helped me a lot too.

Don't get me wrong because I do teach privately for a fee (and I'm darn expensive...) but that's for the hard stuff... but for quick advice to newbies and amateurs I think it's fun. If your husband is skeptical he'll get crazy when he learns that I share some of my live trades to the lads which they can easily copy and make money from and those are freebies too Read my diary and you'll know that we are ditching candies here for free, lol.

Yes it's dog eats dog and I will not hesitate not to bite but that's not always the case, sometimes dogs needs to have friends too and form a pack because we stand stronger as a team. The problem is that if a certain dog is lazy and doesn't do his homework, that dog will surely get some serious bashing from the team. Though many of us may sound nice, there are some who are arrogant pricks (including myself). If you are nice, polite, with a sense of humour and have the strong will to learn (plus brains and skills) then you'll find yourself getting lots of good advice from everybody. But if someone start acting stupid and doing their BS scamy-spamy thingy then he'll get chowed by the team, it's that simple, lol!
    Last edited by Ronnel; 12-30-2016 at 05:32 PM.
    Duct Tape can't fix OTM

Well............. I read out your reply to my husband, and he smiled. He has had to live with me trying new things all of our married life... many years!!... but he smiled in a kindly way, and is coming round. At least I am not shelling out on scam schemes, software and crazy robots. Hauling up in our spare room with a couple of PCs and extra monitor,(which he helped me set up) I am not in his hair...(he works form home!) Hopefully 2017 will see me starting to make this thing work.... I have to say I am more confident having started this post... thank YOU for your replies. Ruth

Hi Ruth, welcome to our community. We are here to help. Some of us here are full time so giving out a little of our spare time to help newbies is nothing.