Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Am i drawing the trendline correctly? !!!

Hello guys,
    I'm trying to draw a couple of trendlines to what I believe to look like downtrends.
    Here are the pictures, please let me know what you think about them. To my understanding I have to unite two lower highs. (eur/usd) (gbp/usd)

Ok here are the pics:

I showed you how to draw the trend line and trading indicators. By the charts you can see put option on GBP/USD M1 and M5 time frame expiry while call option M15,M30, H1 time frame expiry. H4 time frame expiry can be used for call option.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trend line.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	18.1 KB 
ID:	6237

Name:	Untitled2.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	6238

4. Thanks Ciprian thanked this post
    Thank you very much for the pictures!
    Unfortunately the resolution is so low and I have a hard time to figure them out tough
    If you don't mind, could you please post a more high resolution picture?
    (it seems that print screens aren't in a very well resolution when posted on the forum)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciprian View Post
    Thank you very much for the pictures!
    Unfortunately the resolution is so low and I have a hard time to figure them out tough
    If you don't mind, could you please post a more high resolution picture?
    (it seems that print screens aren't in a very well resolution when posted on the forum)
    Sorry!
    Will try to post in more high resolution! I think I have to use lighshot software instead of win7 paint software.

I have tested print screens of lightshots and it gives same results like paint screenshots. It seems that uploading files from the computer gives poor quality pictures for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by milos View Post
    Sorry!
    Will try to post in more high resolution! I think I have to use lighshot software instead of win7 paint software.
    Milos, you can use lightshot and save as JPEG format, you will get better pics.
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Ciprian View Post
    I have tested print screens of lightshots and it gives same results like paint screenshots. It seems that uploading files from the computer gives poor quality pictures for some reason.
    You are saving the file in the wrong format I suppose. Save them as JPEG not png.

Your understanding is correct. However, you are in an unusual market situation right now due to the major Christmas holidays.

As you might have noticed, you don't have much clear highs and lows right now, specially on the lower timeframes. Markets
    are pretty much sideways and volatility is extremely low.

Anyway, there was one period of a good movement today, here is an illustration of a trendline (drawn during the pretty much only
    volatile period of time) from EURUSD on the M5

Name:	HOlidayeurusd.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	85.0 KB 
ID:	6248

11. Thanks Ciprian thanked this post
    Defining the trend is one of the hardest things to do and to a great extent it depends on what time frame you trade on.