Displace moving averages - where? !!!

Hi. I read some stuff about the displaced moving average indicator. It seems excellent, but I haven't seen it used in any of the BOTS strategies so far. Does anyone use it?

With the DMA indicator in mind I spent three days trying to install MT4 on my Linux machine. I couldn't do it. brokers I am with - Binary.com and 24Option do not enable the DMA on their charts. I then found myself on http://www.netdania.com/ - a great site for charts. They have an excellent selection of indicators, but the MA doesn't have the ability to displace, or shift.

Does anyone know of either a trading website that has charts with the DMA indicator, or a Linux-friendly trading platform like MT4? I looked at a long list of Linux platforms, but none of them had been updated since 2013.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by victrader View Post
    Hi. I read some stuff about the displaced moving average indicator. It seems excellent, but I haven't seen it used in any of the BOTS strategies so far. Does anyone use it?

With the DMA indicator in mind I spent three days trying to install MT4 on my Linux machine. I couldn't do it. brokers I am with - Binary.com and 24Option do not enable the DMA on their charts. I then found myself on http://www.netdania.com/ - a great site for charts. They have an excellent selection of indicators, but the MA doesn't have the ability to displace, or shift.

Does anyone know of either a trading website that has charts with the DMA indicator, or a Linux-friendly trading platform like MT4? I looked at a long list of Linux platforms, but none of them had been updated since 2013.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Hi,
    I don't know much about DMA but I'm just guessing that it's nothing too super compared to the normal MA if one knows how to use it properly. If it's that super then many traders will be using it... I don't use indicators but if I was to suggest moving average setup, I will suggest 2 moving average or the rainbow moving average (3 MA)if you like crossovers. Honestly 1 MA is more than enough in my own opinion.

I use a Mac and my back-up laptop is a Linux and I say that both platforms suck with MT4 even if you use parallels or Wine. Before I used Windows and Windows is super for MT4 but since I'm using OSX and sometimes linux, free online charting like stock charts are very much usable for BO. All you need is a webrowser and fire away. They may not be as easy to use as MT4 but it'll save you the headaches of MT4 lagging, stalling or crashing.
    Duct Tape can't fix OTM

3. Thanks victrader thanked this post
    Hello

First I heard about DMA when you mentioned it. I don't it this indicators in my MT4 platform. I've found link below to download
    https://www.mql5.com/en/code/1191

5. Thanks victrader thanked this post
    Thanks guys. Well, I had a chat with Okane and will put the DMA on hold. Price Action is my new mantra. And I just did my first live trade on binary.com using Okane's beginners MACD strategy. I am ITM!!! By 90 pence. Yes, only staked a pound. But what a great feeling. I've saved the chart and will be uploading it to my diary tomorrow. But I will say that it was pure PA that made me do the trade. In Okane's video he says to look back at the candles and see how long you get for expiry. That's what I did and it worked. I know, beginners luck to an extent. But a lovely start nonetheless.

Thanks guys. Well, I had a chat with Okane and will put the DMA on hold. Price Action is my new mantra. And I just did my first live trade on binary.com using Okane's beginners MACD strategy. I am ITM!!! By 90 pence. Yes, only staked a pound. But what a great feeling. I've saved the chart and will be uploading it to my diary tomorrow. But I will say that it was pure PA that made me do the trade. In Okane's video he says to look back at the candles and see how long you get for expiry. That's what I did and it worked. I know, beginners luck to an extent. But a lovely start nonetheless.
    Wish you all the best and success in your trading. If you have any questions please and we will help you

8. Thanks victrader thanked this post
    A win is a win is a win, makes you fell good. And if a small win makes you feel good why risk your account on a too big trade, right? I'd settle for a lot of week to week small happiness than the rollercoaster ride of big happy followed by big and bigger sadness, at least that's my thought. keep it small, keep it safe, keep on trading forever and ever.

10. Thanks victrader thanked this post
    Thank you, willyw. That's greatly appreciated.

You willing be banned my dear?