Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hi

Where did you find the 20 sec candle option? Sounds interesting

I forget where I got it online its been so long . It is called MT4i-Custom Timeframe Generator. I am not sure if we can transfer files to thread replies or not, does not seem to be a link.

Thanks mate, I'll try to find it

and you used this to trade NADEX? Just curious

yes, while im looking for longer term setups ill leave the 20 sec chart up and make a trade. sometimes leave the trade on more than 60 seconds, but if i get a nice pop in price i will get out. I will have to try and record a video sometime..

Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
    yes, while im looking for longer term setups ill leave the 20 sec chart up and make a trade. sometimes leave the trade on more than 60 seconds, but if i get a nice pop in price i will get out. I will have to try and record a video sometime..
    that would be awesome.

Rookie Member
    this is interesting. It's a cool little strategy. Just close your trade once it moves in your favor.

I might give it a try once the markets open back up. If I can find a similar timeframe generator for MT5, that is....

Quote Originally Posted by FalseP View Post
    this is interesting. It's a cool little strategy. Just close your trade once it moves in your favor.

I might give it a try once the markets open back up. If I can find a similar timeframe generator for MT5, that is....
    Please update us. Thanks.

Rookie Member
    Quote Originally Posted by milos View Post
    Please update us. Thanks.

I couldn't find a similar timeframe generator for MT5, so I tried it with a repeating stopclock program and the one minute candles.

The one time I did it, it was pretty effective.

see the trade signal,
    make sure you're not catching the closing of a 5 minute time frame and the open of another,
    keep the ticket open,
    place order, close order on the next 1 minute candle.
    Boom. 40 easy bucks.

At the same time though, yeah this would be FAR MORE effective with 20 second candles.

I'm using ThinkOrSwim instead of Metatrader now. I think it has a custom timeframe option. I'll check when I get home and let you know.

Rookie Member
    No, sorry. I was wrong.

ThinkOrSwim doesn't have "seconds" options in their custom time frames.